Covid-19

Started by barbarian, 05 March 2020, 09:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmcv

Quote from: petercooman on 26 March 2020, 07:08:25 PM
Actually, i'm watching picard, quite entertaining.

I've watched a few episodes, but it's yet to grip me fully. Not bad though.

Ithoriel

Too busy piloting an interstellar battlecruiser to watch "Picard" at the mo. :)

Need to finish "Justified" before launching in to "Picard" in any case.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Duke Speedy of Leighton

What you playing?
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Ithoriel

Astrox Imperium - touted as "EVE Offline" :)

Single player with much of the flavour of EVE Online (which I played for almost a decade  :o ) but somewhat simplified. It's "early access" ... or Beta, as it used to be known, but shows promise.

An analogy, for those not in to computer games, would be of an "early access" holiday hotel. Reception and your room would look beautiful and be everything you hoped for but the top floor would still be under construction, the plush restaurant would have a superb menu but the only thing actually available would be beans on toast and the hot water feed wouldn't be fitted to the en suite shower yet. :)

Fun to be had for those who'd rather be a spaceship than a zombie!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Orcs

26 March 2020, 10:12:42 PM #529 Last Edit: 26 March 2020, 10:19:21 PM by Orcs
Nipped out to Tesco this evening just before they closed to avoid the obscene crowds in the morning.

Tesco had barriers up to form Queue lines outside the shop.  Fairly full shelves, no pasta, rice or parcetamol, but most other things even in if the variety of any one thing was limited.
One lady in Full gas mask.  Most people including staff keeping distance, apart from one typical lowlife woman who barged past anyone with no thought for distancing herself, ironically she was Itallian !!!

I got all I wanted including several bottles of wine for Mrs Orcs.

We are having a hard time trying to stop her 79 year old Mum go to the shops.  We had managed to stop her until Boris said you were allowed to go out for essential supplies.  She took this as "I can go Shopping". We told her in no uncertain terms she could not.  Then Tesco brought in the over 70'S hour she took this as "I can go Shopping".  Again we have all strongly told her she is not to go out.  She is just looking for an excuse. Her Husband is 86 so we have told her that they are in lockdown for 12 weeks

She has no need to go out. She has a son living with them who can go out, we are 5 mins away by car and I pass near thier house to and from work so can drop stuff off.  Her other son is a Senior manager in Ocado's robotics development and is getting stuff delivered to them each week.  Perhaps is would be easier to shoot her now  >:( >:(

Mr Exasperated. .  

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Aldii in LB had almost eveything except paracetamol and bog roll.
Many people in queue and a lots of good humour in the sunshine, same for Boots. 8)
Quite enjoyed it.  :D
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

FierceKitty

Do remember than any country-dweller in the Mediterranean knows how to make pasta with a rolling pin, eggs, and flour. The internet will give you all the information you could need.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

But - no eggs in some stores...
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

mmcv

Flour hard to come by too, Amazon is cleaned out of it

Sunray

Eggs AND flour !- the Great British Bakeoff has kicked in. !

Orcs

Quote from: Sunray on 27 March 2020, 08:48:29 AM
Eggs AND flour !- the Great British Bakeoff has kicked in. !

OOH Yes another Cr*p program that might get cancelled  <:-P <:-P
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

toxicpixie

Well, moment of EXTREME PANIC this morning, as my bank cancelled my payment for the Tesco's delivery due it looking fraudulent/unlike previous behaviour. Sudden VERY QUICK unlocking, and then... no, we won't represent the transaction, you'll have to speak to the retailer.

Fortunately Tescos customer services weren't overly busy at seven AM and I got thru quick, they represented the payment straight off and all is well and out for this morning. And once that's done the start for another free slot starts again!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Nick the Lemming

Quote from: ianrs54 on 27 March 2020, 07:15:26 AM
But - no eggs in some stores...

You can also use olive oil in place of eggs.

BBC radion News @ 12.00 - Our much loved idiot in Downing st is positive for Corvid 19.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

mollinary

Quote from: Nick the Lemming on 27 March 2020, 11:32:35 AM
You can also use olive oil in place of eggs.

Would you care for poached Olive oil on toast, or soft boiled olive oil with soldiers for your breakfast, sir?
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!