Hello

Started by gianpi, 05 March 2020, 02:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gianpi

Hello, my name is Gianpaolo. I'm Italian but live in Germany.

I collect/play with miniatures in 28, 20 and of course 10 mm. I wargame WW2, ancient/middle age, fantasy and science fiction. As you can see I am not very good on focusing on just one topic.

I am also active in 3D printing, mostly buildings but also ww2 and SciFi vehicles.

I find Pendraken 10 mm figures range the best on the market.

Leon

Hi gianpi, welcome to the Forum!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

FierceKitty

Benvenuto e wilkommen.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Hello and welcome
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

A very warm welcome to the forum, Gianpaolo !  :-h :-h

Cheers - Phil

Westmarcher

Ciao, Gianpaolo!   :-h
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

fsn

05 March 2020, 05:44:19 PM #6 Last Edit: 05 March 2020, 05:48:01 PM by fsn
Hello and welcome.

Quote from: gianpi on 05 March 2020, 02:59:50 PM
I find Pendraken 10 mm figures range the best on the market.
That is very true.

I wargame WW2, ancient/middle age, fantasy and science fiction.
I'm afraid I need more detail. Which WWII fronts and armies? Also what do you base you Middle Ages armies on? I'd be very interested to see photos, because I tend to have a very British (actually English) view of what the Middle Ages looks like.

I wargame WW2, ancient/middle age, fantasy and science fiction. As you can see I am not very good on focusing on just one topic.
I think you'll find that's probably quite mild around here. I do 3 ancient armies, 3 Dark Age (with another2 on the go), 4 or 5 Medieval periods (and I'm waiting for Pendraken to do a pig-faced bascinet), War of the Spanish Succession (sort of), Napoleonics (5 armies bought, 1 of which is part-painted, 4 or five more planned), ACW, Spanish American War, WWI in East Africa, WWII (about 9 or 10 company/squadron sized units), Korea, an Imagi-Nation for 1880, 1920 and 1960: plus 1:3000 1940 Med fleets, 1:600 MTBs and the like; 1:600 aircraft for 1917, Battle of Britain, Midway (Akagi and Enterprise air complements in 1:1), Battle of Germany, Pacific 1944, Rabaul, Yom Kippur, Korea, Med 1940, and 1960; plus some SciFi in 10mm and 15mm that I couldn't throw away and some space ships. And dragons. I have some dragons, but I don't know why. I don't think I'm toooo unusual in that regard ... so I wouldn't worry about focusing on one topic.

The chaps are very helpful. Some of them are fantastic painters and willing to show off share tips. It's a very friendly place and I hope you will enjoy yourself and contribute often. With pictures.  

Oh. And Triremes. And a few Napoleonic ships.
Some Trojan Wars, but they're not Pendraken, so I don't talk about them
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

paulr

Welcome Gianpaolo :-h

I see its too late to warn you about fsn, aka Nobby ;)

I look forward to seeing and hearing about your various periods of interest and as Nobby said that is indeed a quite mild range round here :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Steve J

mmcv

mollinary

Welcome to the madhouse! People here are pretty friendly, but always be prepared to give as good as you get! 
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Orcs

Welcome Gianpaolo.

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Ithoriel

Hello gianpi, welcome to the forum - a place that is warm, welcoming, well-informed and ..... weird :)

As fsn said, that seems a very modest range of periods and scales by comparison!

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

bibertybob

gianpi

Thank you everybody for your warm welcome.

@fsn by sure I will share pictures in the future