Corona-virus - Slimbridge March 2020 - Sat 28th & Sunday 29th Big Game CANCELLED

Started by Big Insect, 02 March 2020, 12:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Insect

Just in case people may have missed the announcement in the Slimbridge March CWC thread.

I am cancelling the event in March (new date to be confirmed) due to concerns about the UK Corona-virus situation.

I may be being overly cautious but I'd rather be safe than sorry, in this current period of uncertainty.

Many thanks

Mark
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Techno

Sadly, Mark....I think that's probably very sensible. :(

Cheers - Phil

FierceKitty

Wash your hands at every opportunity, people, and don't get into a tiz.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Big Insect

Yes - precautions are a very sensible idea.

My work has just banned all non-essential travel and after a trip into London and a couple of Underground journey's last week, I am very aware of just how germs can be spread in such close confines. It makes me think again about attending other bigger wargaming events - such as Salute in London for example.

Thank you for all your support with this decision

Cheers
Mark
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.