Collecting integrated terrain for a small table

Started by Norm, 29 February 2020, 02:12:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norm

I have added a blog post that is looking at re-kitting the table out to work with the smaller scales. the TT rail stuff will work with 15mm, N Scale works with 10mm, the bridge shown will work with either. The discussion also looks at why I am choosing 30mm basing (step down from 40mm and 80mm!).

LINK

http://battlefieldswarriors.blogspot.com/2020/02/pocket-armies-terrain-integration.html

Steve J

Great post Norm and I've gone down a similar route to the one stated on your Blog.

d_Guy

Sleep with clean hands ...

Westmarcher

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Scorpio_Rocks

Thanks - ordering some roads right now (anything that means I dont need to paint it!)
"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.

paulr

Interesting post as always Norm :)

Common terrain that can be used across multiple scales and periods certainly simplifies storage issues
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Norm

Thanks all, I have passed a tipping point for the collection in terms of scale and things like rubber roads being good enough to replace the MDF / felt roads and rubber rivers replacing the resin ones and have a stronger or at least a more determined sense of purpose and today am actually taking the brave and decisive step :-) of genuinely clearing old, big and heavy stuff out, with a meaningful liberation of shelf space - not just playing around the edges.

Techno

Excellent bit of 'blogging' there, Norm.  :-bd

Cheers - Phil

steve_holmes_11

Great blog.
I appreciate the way you've referenced all the products and suppliers.

There's little more frustrating than a page that says "Look at my lovely new stuff" and leaves you guessing about the source.