Started by chrishanley, 26 February 2020, 10:45:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Luchs like Will just got assaulted....again ! :D
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno

You can have a SLAP, too......You Muppet. ;)

Cheers - Phil

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno

You leave my back alone. ;D ;D ;D

Cheers - Phil  ;)

John Cook

Quote from: Ithoriel on 29 February 2020, 02:23:04 AM
Assuming you're on Facebook, presumably.

As far as I'm concerned, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck ...

No, you don't need to be 'on' Facebook to view Facebook pages.  I'm not. 

John Cook

Quote from: Sunray on 29 February 2020, 11:54:17 AM
I was not referring to carriers but the elusive Luchs !  Yes, Pithead had a Luchs on the  website shop [sic].

Tell you what - let's signpost Chris, FSN, Ian and Steve to order from Pithead. What do you need lads? A troop of four models each?  Will that qualify you as a Regular Supporting Customer ?

As a wargamer of 50 + years of dice rolling  I DO hope you get your order.  I get a kick out of seeing the hobby prosper and the pleasure it brings.  Most wargaming manufactures in general - and Leon & Dave in particular - go well  out of their way to oblige,  get gamers started or cater of odd ball requests. 

Be you a long term regular or an unknown  fresh start up order,  its that kindness and decency that generates the good will/loyalty of the Pendraken brand.

My mistake.  This thread has taken a few turns such that it is sometimes difficult to know which post is being referred to. 

Pithead no longer has a website shop as it generated more orders than Phil could handle.  Pithead is a one-man band and the only place he 'advertises' now, if you can call it that, is on Facebook, for both his WW2 miniatures and 1:1200 ships. 

Be all that as it may, I see you are a relative newcomer to the hobby :D  But, if we are comparing wargaming CVs, I started out in 1959 when a friend of my father, who was a member of the BMSS, recommended I read HG Well's Little Wars, but I'd been collecting Britains model soldiers for some time before that.  At about the same time he introduced me to a magazine called Wargames Digest.  It was an American publication produced by Jack Scruby and edited in the UK by Donald Featherstone.  Don founded Wargamers Newsletter in the early 1960s.  I subscribed to it from the start and I see that my autographed copy of his book Wargames is dated 1962.  Apart from the occasional hiatus when the army posted me to places where gaming wasn't possible, I haven't stopped since.  That makes it over 60 years now. 

I have never, ever, had anything but cordial relationships with any of the wargaming businesses I have ordered from over those years.  Leon at Pendraken, in particular, has indeed been always more than helpful. 

So has Phil Ireson at Pithead who has been kind enough to produce, and continues to produce, specific models for my ongoing 1940s project.  He has never refused me an order, small or large, and has never been anything other than supportive and obliging.   As a result, he has my good will and loyalty.

Dr Dave

Sunray

Quote from: John Cook on 02 March 2020, 12:50:12 PM
My mistake.  This thread has taken a few turns such that it is sometimes difficult to know which post is being referred to. 

Pithead no longer has a website shop as it generated more orders than Phil could handle.  Pithead is a one-man band and the only place he 'advertises' now, if you can call it that, is on Facebook, for both his WW2 miniatures and 1:1200 ships. 

Be all that as it may, I see you are a relative newcomer to the hobby :D  But, if we are comparing wargaming CVs, I started out in 1959 when a friend of my father, who was a member of the BMSS, recommended I read HG Well's Little Wars, but I'd been collecting Britains model soldiers for some time before that.  At about the same time he introduced me to a magazine called Wargames Digest.  It was an American publication produced by Jack Scruby and edited in the UK by Donald Featherstone.  Don founded Wargamers Newsletter in the early 1960s.  I subscribed to it from the start and I see that my autographed copy of his book Wargames is dated 1962.  Apart from the occasional hiatus when the army posted me to places where gaming wasn't possible, I haven't stopped since.  That makes it over 60 years now. 

I have never, ever, had anything but cordial relationships with any of the wargaming businesses I have ordered from over those years.  Leon at Pendraken, in particular, has indeed been always more than helpful. 

So has Phil Ireson at Pithead who has been kind enough to produce, and continues to produce, specific models for my ongoing 1940s project.  He has never refused me an order, small or large, and has never been anything other than supportive and obliging.   As a result, he has my good will and loyalty.

Question for you John,  Do you purchase much gear from Pendraken in terms of WW2 vehicles and figures?  Would you describe yourself as a regular Pendraken customer? I must caution you before you answer that an admission may throw Mr Ireson into a tantrum.   I had purchased over £100 of gear from him before he blacklisted me on the charge that "I was only ordering items not available from other manufacturers" .  Please note I NEVER requested the "special" models reserved for extra loyal customers, but my money (including MoD pension) is as good as the next gamer, and at that time he was advertising on the open market and "trading" as a bona fide business.     

If he as wound down his operation to just casting for mates, then fair enough.  Let him and Pithead rest in peace.   :)

John Cook

Quote from: Sunray on 05 March 2020, 01:15:47 AM
Question for you John,  Do you purchase much gear from Pendraken in terms of WW2 vehicles and figures?  Would you describe yourself as a regular Pendraken customer? I must caution you before you answer that an admission may throw Mr Ireson into a tantrum.   I had purchased over £100 of gear from him before he blacklisted me on the charge that "I was only ordering items not available from other manufacturers" .  Please note I NEVER requested the "special" models reserved for extra loyal customers, but my money (including MoD pension) is as good as the next gamer, and at that time he was advertising on the open market and "trading" as a bona fide business.     

If he as wound down his operation to just casting for mates, then fair enough.  Let him and Pithead rest in peace.   :)

Since you ask, yes, I am a regular Pendraken customer.  I only have electronic banking records going back to April 2011 and I see that since then I spent £3208 with Pendraken,  on a variety of periods ancient and modern, including WW2, but I'm afraid I can't say how much I spent on each period.

During the same period I spent £3364 with Pithead, all early WW2.  The reason for this is manifold.  I keep a project to the same manufacturer as much as possible, Pithead make models that are not available elsewhere and, finally, Phil Ireson has been happy to make models specifically for my 1940 project.  So my early WW2 are almost exclusively Pithead models.

Phil Ireson has never objected to me placing an order for WW2 models with other manufacturers. including Pendraken and Magister Militum.  Why would he?

chrishanley

I have to make a confession to the forum...
I seek forgiveness for having three non-Pendraken vehicles in my collection. I understand that even though this represents less than 1% of my WWII vehicles, it could be considered the thin end of the wedge. I therefore promise to try harder in the future.
Your humble servant...

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!