A different way to spend the day

Started by pierre the shy, 24 February 2020, 07:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pierre the shy

Spent most of yesterday in the local hospital A&E ward after presenting signs of a mild stroke  :(

However after being prodded and poked and x-rayed by 4 different people, (two of whom had more letters after their name than in it) they could find nothing of note wrong with me so they literally gave me an aspirin and told me I could go home.

Got to have a foillowup MRI scan etc and I am not allowed to drive till then so Lisa is acting as my chaffeur for the moment  ;)

Guess I have been very lucky, but my moral for this story would be if you present stroke symtoms use the FAST test and if in doubt get checked out immediately. https://www.stroke.org.nz/fast       
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

Steve J

Fingers crossed the tests all come out OK. A former colleague had all the symptoms of a heart attack after a football match and spent 5 nights in hospital undergoing various tests, but no sign of anything wrong with him. The old body does strange things at times.

d_Guy

Hope all is well also, Peter. Scary, but you were so right to take quick action and not ignore. Blessings.
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

sunjester

Likewise hoping this is all a false alarm.

paulr

What they all said

Also happy to act as chauffeur if required
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Ithoriel

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

jimduncanuk

Yeah, recognise the story, been there, done that, didn't get a T-shirt though.

http://jim-duncan.blogspot.com/2017/08/different-strokes-for-different-folks.html

The main thing is that you are still with us.

Take care.
My Ego forbids a signature.

steve_holmes_11

Best wishes Pierre.
Take it easy, live long - and prosper.

Norm

A nasty scare, hoping all the results come back good and that you back to driving soon.

We are so used to expecting an answer for everything, I think sometimes we can get a 'turn' that is left unexplained and is not repeated - a complicated business indeed.

Techno

Take care, Peter.
Hope all turns out well.

Very best wishes - Phil

pierre the shy

Thanks for all your thoughts  >:<

Went to do a follow up visit today where they confirmed that don't know exactly whats happening as everything was within normal limits.  

Got the CAT scan slot in a couple of days so here's hoping for a clean bill of health.

Feeling OK today  :)

Techno

Good man.  :)

Long may that continue.

At least a CT scan is all but silent..... compared to the racket from an MRI when you're inside it ! %-(

Fingers crossed for you.

All the best, again - Phil.

pierre the shy

Thanks Techno....

Just noticed I have finally got to just over 1000 posts, so can wear those red tabs now  :)

Techno

Heeeeey !! <:-P

Congrats, Peter.  :-bd

Cheers - Phil