Not sure how to take this.

Started by Orcs, 20 February 2020, 08:12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norm

I'm wondering whether it's just code for 'buy more figures'!

but it could be more complicated, like ... 'buy more figures than you can afford and then send them off to be professionally painted'.

It can be hard to work out, but it will likely be one of those two things! 

Orcs

21 February 2020, 07:59:37 PM #16 Last Edit: 21 February 2020, 08:19:02 PM by Orcs
Quote from: Norm on 21 February 2020, 06:46:00 PM
I'm wondering whether it's just code for 'buy more figures'!

but it could be more complicated, like ... 'buy more figures than you can afford and then send them off to be professionally painted'.

It can be hard to work out, but it will likely be one of those two things!  

OOOHHHHH , I like your thinking Norm.    That must have been what she meant.  ;) ;)

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Raider4

Quote from: Orcs on 21 February 2020, 07:59:37 PM
OOOHHHHH , I like your thinking Norm.    That must have been whet she meant.  ;) ;)

Brave. Very brave . . .

Raider4

Quote from: Orcs on 20 February 2020, 08:12:56 PM
As some of you have probably guessed about my comments about my Ex-wife I did not have a very happy marriage.

I got out of it some years ago and got together with Mrs Orcs.  Who I have to say is wonderful. She puts up with my quirks, accepts that the dining room gets filled with a war gaming table that stays up for weeks if not months at a time. Does not nag etc etc.

Due to my horrible marriage I have been (and still am) very reticent of getting married again. Early on we both agreed we could not see the point in getting married.  I have now been with Mrs Orcs for 16 years - longer than I was married, and things are great

Last weekend Mrs Orcs made an announcement  " I know its a leap year, but there will be no funny stuff from me on 29th Feb".  Obviously meaning she would not be proposing marriage to me.

While I am happy with this I was not sure how to take it. :) :)

Mr Slightly confused  :)

So, any (slightly) unexpected updates yet?

industrialtrousers

Have a wee think about what you would say/do if she did propose.

Mrs Orcs may have just had a reminder last week of the tradition and could be either messing with you or trying to put your mind at rest. Somewhat fantastic that a comment can be read two completely different ways.

I'm married when I was never intending to get married. To me it's made no difference to how things would have played out anyway.

Techno

I'll just stick with the first (and only) one. (Von)

Sounds like it's far simpler. ;)

Cheers - Phil  :P

Orcs

Quote from: Techno on 29 February 2020, 03:43:03 PM
I'll just stick with the first (and only) one. (Von)

Sounds like it's far simpler. ;)

Cheers - Phil  :P

Yep far simpler, cheaper and MUCH, MUCH, MUCH less hassle.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Orcs

Nothing to update.  We were going out for a meal, but I think this is now going to be a takeaway whilst catching up on "endeavour"

Westmarcher

Hope the meal with you and your good lady went well, Orcs. Like Endeavour myself.

A Saturday night question* if you don't mind me asking. Who is ruling your life? You or your ex-wife? Just a thought.*

p.s. there are also such things as pre-nupts ... mind you, weddings can be expensive.  :)

* fuelled by a couple of malt whiskies, a couple of glasses of wine and a few beers. :-[

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

She's still got an hour to ask, being the 29th...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

O Dinas Powys

You should sulk for a week for her not asking!  ;)
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

steve_holmes_11

Orcs

Quote from: Westmarcher on 29 February 2020, 09:46:07 PM
Hope the meal with you and your good lady went well, Orcs. Like Endeavour myself.

A Saturday night question* if you don't mind me asking. Who is ruling your life? You or your ex-wife? Just a thought.*

p.s. there are also such things as pre-nupts ... mind you, weddings can be expensive.  :)

* fuelled by a couple of malt whiskies, a couple of glasses of wine and a few beers. :-[

I rule my life, I have nothing tomdo with my ex.  just not sure I actually want to be married again.

Techno

If you're both happy with the way it is........? :-\

Cheers - Phil