Not sure how to take this.

Started by Orcs, 20 February 2020, 08:12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orcs

20 February 2020, 08:12:56 PM Last Edit: 20 February 2020, 08:21:02 PM by Orcs
As some of you have probably guessed about my comments about my Ex-wife I did not have a very happy marriage.

I got out of it some years ago and got together with Mrs Orcs.  Who I have to say is wonderful. She puts up with my quirks, accepts that the dining room gets filled with a war gaming table that stays up for weeks if not months at a time. Does not nag etc etc.

Due to my horrible marriage I have been (and still am) very reticent of getting married again. Early on we both agreed we could not see the point in getting married.  I have now been with Mrs Orcs for 16 years - longer than I was married, and things are great

Last weekend Mrs Orcs made an announcement  " I know its a leap year, but there will be no funny stuff from me on 29th Feb".  Obviously meaning she would not be proposing marriage to me.

While I am happy with this I was not sure how to take it. :) :)

Mr Slightly confused  :)

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Duke Speedy of Leighton

It's a trap...
She wants you to propose!  :D :P :x
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Matt J

Yep, she wants to get married but would understand if you didn't.

I can't qualify that statement but have  been married a few times (so I'm probably wrong).
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

hammurabi70

Quote from: Orcs on 20 February 2020, 08:12:56 PM

While I am happy with this I was not sure how to take it. :) :)

Mr Slightly confused  :)[/q]

Is there any reason to take it other than as a straight reassurance by her to you that you need have no qualms as to the forthcoming date?  What happened four years ago?

On a side note, have you sorted your legal position for the long-term?

Orcs

Quote from: mad lemmey on 20 February 2020, 08:19:16 PM
It's a trap...
She wants you to propose!  :D :P :x

Yes that's my initial thoughts.

Quote from: Matt J on 20 February 2020, 08:25:21 PM
I can't qualify that statement but have  been married a few times (so I'm probably wrong).

We are discussing a woman so as we know its impossible to qualify any statement, as this may change regardless of the facts at any moment the said woman may choose :)

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Orcs

The legal stuff is all sorted out, provision made for both of us etc.

Four years ago it was not even mentioned. ?? 

petercooman

Ithoriel

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

FierceKitty

Distract attention from the whole second guessing game - just take her to Rome for a week.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Orcs

Quote from: FierceKitty on 21 February 2020, 12:43:03 AM
Distract attention from the whole second guessing game - just take her to Rome for a week.

I am avoiding holiday talk as its a sore point at the moment.

I get the equivalent of 6.5 weeks leave a year, plus I work shifts so get quite a bit of time off as I average a 3 day week.  Mrs Orcs only gets 4 weeks as she works for a small company. I suggested we go away for a week a couple of days ago as I find a weekend seems almost not worth the effort and she got quite cross as she does not have much spare leave after booking a fortnights holiday for later in the year.

FierceKitty

OK, better learn to cook (it's rather fun, really).

Techno

Quote from: FierceKitty on 21 February 2020, 08:23:19 AM
OK, better learn to cook (it's rather fun, really).

No it's not !.....Unless it says heat on full power for 5 minutes....leave standing for one minute.....And then, heat on full power for another 3 minutes.

(But while you're doing this.....don't forget you've left the peas to boil dry.)

Thanks for reminding me, Alexander.....I really should get the Brussels sprouts on, within the next week or so....Otherwise they won't be ready for Christmas 2020.

Cheers - The Swedish chef.  :D

FierceKitty

Oi! I was enjoying my dinner till I read that!

Techno

petercooman

Quote from: Orcs on 21 February 2020, 02:24:09 AM
I am avoiding holiday talk as its a sore point at the moment.

I get the equivalent of 6.5 weeks leave a year, plus I work shifts so get quite a bit of time off as I average a 3 day week.  Mrs Orcs only gets 4 weeks as she works for a small company. I suggested we go away for a week a couple of days ago as I find a weekend seems almost not worth the effort and she got quite cross as she does not have much spare leave after booking a fortnights holiday for later in the year.

Can relate to that! Same thing here. I work shifts and get 43 days of leave when i work fulltime. Wife is always angry about that  :D