Above and Beyond

Started by Scorpio_Rocks, 20 February 2020, 07:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scorpio_Rocks

I realise that I am probably "preaching to the choir" somewhat but I have to say the customer service by that funny Pendraken bunch is second to none!

I had to call recently to notify them what size I wanted my custom bases to be and whilst chatting to the lovely lady on the phone mentioned in passing that I hadn't seen dice on the website and I know they sell them as during a braindead moment at Vapnartak I had left my purchases on the counter and needed to reorder. The angel on the phone remembered me and said yes I had left them and that she would be delighted to pop them in with my order!

They duly arrived today and my incompetence was negated - THANK YOU!
:-[
"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Orcs

Yes, just remember there are certain rules here.

You can take the pee out of Dave, about most things - The tiny amount of time he spends on the stand at shows, when he is there he is always eating etc etc.

You can be cheeky to the Dark Lord.

BUT NEVER EVER upset M'ilady.

She is charming and helpful, and gives service above and beyond the call of duty as you have found out,  BUT  woe betide you if you upset her!

FSN once offended her (he still does not know how) but all his orders for the next 6 months contained 100% prone figures (his pet hate). and an order of beloved Centurion tanks  all came with only left hand tracks.#

Mad Lemmy, made a faux pas at Salute one year his next order contained 10mm flats #

You have been warned.  :) :)

# These comments are made to emphasise the need to keep M'lady happy and may not contain actual facts.

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I LKIE flats, I have some from the 1890s.  8)
Praise be to M'lady.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Matt J

Sculpted by Phil Lewis no doubt  ;D
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

FierceKitty

Quote from: Matt J on 20 February 2020, 11:20:59 PM
Sculpted by Phil Lewis no doubt  ;D

They were intended for rounds, but he was attending to the mangle as his share of the week's laundry. They were not the only items to be rendered 2D (see the records, Pwyddllapgochowen County Hospital, March 17th, 1892, and note that the file contains graphic images that some viewers might find upsetting).
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Leon

Quote from: Scorpio_Rocks on 20 February 2020, 07:43:01 PM
I realise that I am probably "preaching to the choir" somewhat but I have to say the customer service by that funny Pendraken bunch is second to none!

I had to call recently to notify them what size I wanted my custom bases to be and whilst chatting to the lovely lady on the phone mentioned in passing that I hadn't seen dice on the website and I know they sell them as during a braindead moment at Vapnartak I had left my purchases on the counter and needed to reorder. The angel on the phone remembered me and said yes I had left them and that she would be delighted to pop them in with my order!

They duly arrived today and my incompetence was negated - THANK YOU!

Good to hear that they arrived safely and I will pass the kind words on!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Techno

Quote from: Matt J on 20 February 2020, 11:20:59 PM
Sculpted by Phil Lewis no doubt  ;D

OI !!

I'd have to see them first, to see if I recognised them.......Probably wouldn't.
(Couldn't get green stuff in those days...had to use....can't remember. :P

Cheers - Phil. (Off down to see nursie, in a while......for yet another B12 injection.) (:|

fsn

Quote from: Orcs on 20 February 2020, 08:34:40 PM
BUT NEVER EVER upset M'ilady.

She is charming and helpful, and gives service above and beyond the call of duty as you have found out,  BUT  woe betide you if you upset her!

FSN once offended her (he still does not know how) but all his orders for the next 6 months contained 100% prone figures (his pet hate). and an order of beloved Centurion tanks  all came with only left hand tracks.

It's true! For months my Centurions were going around in circles ... crushing prone figures.  :(   

I think I suggested that the dimple on her left knee, although by the standards of knee dimples, extremely attractive, wasn't as attractive as the dimple on her right knee. 

Oh.

To quote the Sage ...

Britney Spears ...

Oops, I did it again.

Ah well. I expect my next order to be all kneeling firing.

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Write bigger !

I can't read a bloody thing.

(C'mon Nobby......Let's go to the stoning.)

Cheers - Mandy. :D

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Phil at your age with your disabilities your eye tests are FREE....mind you you may have problems with the frames, they weren't designed for Neanderthals

;) ;)
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno

21 February 2020, 04:48:21 PM #13 Last Edit: 21 February 2020, 05:01:12 PM by Techno
Ian......I haven't had to pay for eye tests for well over twenty years. (True)

In Newark (when we lived there, a lifetime ago)....I had an eye test.

Optician....."Well Mr Lewis....I have some good news...and some bad news."
Me..."What's the good news ?"
Optician..."You don't have to pay for your eye test."
Me..."Excellent...what's the bad news then ?"
Optician "You don't have to pay, because your eyes are so cr*p".....(He didn't say it quite like that...but that was basically the score.) =)

Cheers - Phil