Korea 1950 Forces

Started by Matt J, 17 February 2020, 11:19:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunray

That's what I call serious research.

If you are going for the early encounters, and want to keep to the script, the M9 Bazooka is a much less effective weapon than the M20. (Read Task Force Smith accounts)

You could just designate the bazookas M9 or use Pendraken AFM9 if you wanted to be pedantic and have a separately  based crew. 

As I said earlier, one hell of a good shop window, and I expect an increase in Korean range sales .  :)

Techno

Those really are a bit good, Matt.  :-bd

Cheers - Phil

Matt J

Thanks Phil! (you sculpt 'em and i'll paint 'em up  ;))

QuoteIf you are going for the early encounters, and want to keep to the script, the M9 Bazooka is a much less effective weapon than the M20. (Read Task Force Smith accounts)

You could just designate the bazookas M9 or use Pendraken AFM9 if you wanted to be pedantic and have a separately  based crew.

No, fortunately I'm not pedantic  :D (I don't think the difference is really noticeable at this scale!).

IIRC one guy fired something like 22 rounds at the T 34's with the M9 within 15 yards and it was like throwing ping pong balls, even in the rear of the tank didn't break the armour (I think a fair few rounds were defective though).
M20 much more effective, unless you are an Aussie (issued the weapon but not the bit about removing the grease from the ignition system - not great when staring down a T34/85  :D)
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

Sunray

Quote from: Matt J on 19 February 2020, 09:47:38 AM
Thanks Phil! (you sculpt 'em and i'll paint 'em up  ;))

No, fortunately I'm not pedantic  :D (I don't think the difference is really noticeable at this scale!).

IIRC one guy fired something like 22 rounds at the T 34's with the M9 within 15 yards and it was like throwing ping pong balls, even in the rear of the tank didn't break the armour (I think a fair few rounds were defective though).
M20 much more effective, unless you are an Aussie (issued the weapon but not the bit about removing the grease from the ignition system - not great when staring down a T34/85  :D)

Matt - you have done your homework!   And yes, a lot of the original M9 dud rounds were WW2 vintage. Look forward to the action shots.

hammurabi70

Quote from: Sunray on 19 February 2020, 02:19:55 AM
As I said earlier, one hell of a good shop window, and I expect an increase in Korean range sales .  :)

I am ordering soon!

Sunray

When you all get a few orders in.   We still need the North Korean motorcycle combos  for the early war invasion force.