Clara.

Started by Techno, 08 February 2020, 07:30:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

I'll tell you what.

The wind's far stronger this weekend (Thank you Dennis)...

We're supposed to be getting deluged with rain.....Not happening...I think it's all being blown sideways over the border into the land of the Saesneg....so that nothing hits the ground here.

Stay safe, chums.

Cheers - Phil

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

You have your bloody rain back, and keep the wind - in other words its reversed here... :'( :'(
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno

I can imagine, Ian. X_X

Take care, Matey.

Still blowing like a good 'un, here......But the wet stuff isn't having a chance to hit the ground.....It seems to be going right over the top of us, (at the mo') here in Pembrokeshire.

Some poor folk are in for an horrendous deluge.  :(

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Like the one that's hitting here, ta!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

toxicpixie

Glad I caved to other half's "get panels nooooow" and prepared by having three fence panels delivered yesterday. We just had a FOURTH  one go >_<
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Steve J

Slightly different wind direction so less chance of panels being damaged, which is nice. Bloomin' wet though :(.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Taking the cat to an emergancy vet in a storm (another fight, another abscess) ... nice
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

toxicpixie

It never rains but it pours, eh.
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

toxicpixie

Adding insult to injury we now have a leaking dormer window in the loft. Yay.

Steve J

Apparently parts of South Wales have a Red Warning for heavy rain, with up to 6" falling today :o :o :o. Hope everybody is OK and stays safe.

Techno

X_X

Sigh....Not much of a pain then, Nathan. :(...Bad luck, Matey.

Von and I were out at 1 this morning, diverting water from going into the storm drain, (a few paces from the back door) and instead sending it straight down the drive to join 'the river' that was the road.
Just so much wet stuff in/on the hills behind us, everything's just running straight off the surface and onto said road. The drains in the road simply can't cope with this volume of water.

The water on the road was running so fast, I could feel it trying to take my feet away.....Don't worry, it was only 2 inches deep, at the very most.

When it gets this bad the 'river' flows past the bottom of our drive......and then takes a sharp left down the track to our neighbours, opposite. (Making its way to one of the 'starts' of the river Cleddau).....The track was 'white water' early this morning.  X_X......That means that track will be somewhat trashed, by now....I don't think it'll be usable to anything other than a tractor at the mo'.

Only seen that a couple of times since we've been here.

Just starting to get light, so I'll go and brave the rain and see what the road's like now.

The weather forecast seems a bit hit and miss over the last 24 hours. Last night we were due to have heavy rain and strong winds, all day, today....This morning it has us as light rain and heavy winds......even a bit of sunshine.  :o (Shome mishtake, shoorly ?)

Lots of red weather warnings around here, Steve.....Nothing that should affect us personally.....I'm really sorry for those who are likely to have BIG problems.

I'll see what it's like a bit later......Maybe drive into the village for a paper.....I might walk up the road first, and check whether  the 'culvert' between a couple of fields  is blocked. It probably is...for the road to be running like it is....Just clearing that, seems to halve the amount of water running down the road.

It's certainly heaving it down, now !!

Cheers - Phil....As Paul says...Stay safe, Gang.

Not much weather here...
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno

That's my good deed done for the day....(I hope !)

Cleared the crud off the top of a lot of the drains........Some still seem to be working in taking the water way.....And UNDER the road, where it should go.  :-bd

Some of the others are well blocked.....Can't do anything about them.

Cleared the rubbish from the 'culvert'......That's now running like a good'un. :)....So there's not so much surface water running now.
I had to come back inside, before I'd seen the gees. It was 'clear' when I went out.....Then I got caught in a hailstorm.
My hands are sodding frozen.  ;D ;D

As soon as this lot has gone over, I'll go outside again. =)

Cheers - Mr Soggy. ;)

toxicpixie

Bloody hell Phil, that sounds like a lot less fun than our roof!

Good luck (and good digging!) :S