Clara.

Started by Techno, 08 February 2020, 07:30:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

Well....

I reckon I've done a fair job...... :)

Yes....It's a tiny bit of a pain...but in truth not that bad......Not what some folk are going to have to deal with. :( X_X

The road is still 'running'....But it's not over the whole of the tarmac, anymore....So I know I've done a half decent job.

The three 'outside' cobs looked somewhat peed off when I found them....I think they were after their water wings !

Now.....Out, again.....and brush as much of the water that's seeped into the big barn, and send it down the drive, before having 'brunch'.

Cheers - Mr Slowly Drying Out.  ;)

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: Techno on 16 February 2020, 10:44:23 AM

Cheers - Mr Slowly Drying Out.  ;)

Didn't know you were an alcoholic Phil    :D

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

toxicpixie

That sounds like more than a "fair" job!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Techno

It'll do for the time being.  ;)

Cheers - Phil  (Currently holding back from sending a "Why is THIS news so important," to the BBC.......They're getting more and more like the truly awful tabloid papers.....AAAARGH !! >:( )

Stroll on....There's a yellow ball in the sky....They weren't lying......apparently.

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: Steve J on 16 February 2020, 07:20:59 AM
Apparently parts of South Wales have a Red Warning for heavy rain, with up to 6" falling today :o :o :o. Hope everybody is OK and stays safe.

It's why coracles were invented.

Techno

There's a 'coracle centre' on the way to the vets, that we use for the mutts....

Never visited it. :P...Can't even remember the name of the village.

Von's just told me it's Cenarth. :D

Cheers - Phil.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

16 February 2020, 06:01:45 PM #111 Last Edit: 16 February 2020, 06:04:04 PM by mad lemmey
Coracles are awesome, Shrewsbury Town fan Fred Davies used to use one to retrieve balls from the River Severn!
https://youtu.be/9NKPMRkXLMo

https://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/football/shrewsbury-town-fc/2016/11/15/coracle-gift-a-reminder-of-shrewsbury-towns-rich-history/
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Final job was to replace a top rail on part of the fencing, before the cobs got moved into a field where there's at least some grass.

Not long before the grass starts growing like mad....and we'll be trying to keep the horses from getting too fat !! X_X

The village where there's the coracle centre is, is on the 'red' flood warning list now, as is the little bridge on the way to Von's Mum's  care home.....That's a shame, they only just finished 'repairing' it a few months ago ! =)

Cheers - Phil

Techno

I didn't spot a "Dennis the menace" headline on any of the 'national' tabloids.....But one of our local rags couldn't resist the temptation. X_X

Cheers - Phil ;)

Steve J

Once again wet and very windy :(. Bored of this weather now!

Went to the IWM in Manchester yesterday, and got soaked. Mind you I can claim almost £2 back on my train fare cause it broke on its way into Lime st, and was 20 mins late into Victoria !

Techno

Quote from: Steve J on 22 February 2020, 08:14:58 AM
Once again wet and very windy :(. Bored of this weather now!

Just very windy here....I think we're due for the wet stuff this afto'.....Yep....I'm more than bored with it as well.
Really shouldn't complain. There are an awful lot of folk who have had it SO, SO much worse than us.
I can't imagine how I'd feel to have the home flooded.  X_X :(

Quote from: ianrs54 on 22 February 2020, 08:27:39 AM
Went to the IWM in Manchester yesterday, and got soaked. Mind you I can claim almost £2 back on my train fare cause it broke on its way into Lime st, and was 20 mins late into Victoria !

That doesn't sound too much fun, Ian. Apart from that...did you have a good day ?

Cheers - Phil

Techno

OI !

They're making it up as they go along. :o

Am I reading/hearing things correctly.....That the storm, hitting us this weekend/now, is called Jorge...and not Ellen....(Something to do with the Spanish weather folk* naming this one first ??...Eh ??.....Why hasn't it got a Spanish name beginning with E, then ?)

Cheers - Confused of Wales. (* I am not trying to spell 'metierollogysts' at this time of the morning. :P)

Quote from: Techno on 22 February 2020, 10:16:01 AM
That doesn't sound too much fun, Ian. Apart from that...did you have a good day ?

Cheers - Phil

No probs really - Lime St is well covered, the train was comfortable, Manchester - Rainy (surprise surprise) Museum good, although the Matilda was in a Caunter cammo of Sand(ok). Lt BUle(OK) and Brown  :'( :'( :'(, obviously using the Bovy colour plan !