By the Gauntlet Thrown

Started by Terry37, 03 February 2020, 10:37:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry37

Well, as might be expected, one of my local gamer friends just finished a traditional Amazon army and tossed down he gauntlet for me to paint up mine - so once again setting projects in progress aside, I have just finished cleaning, sanding and converting the necessary figures for this unscrupulous challenge! This is a HOTT pursuit, and my Amazon is a little more unique than the traditional being more modern and taken from the various movies and series of ladies who I thoroughly awesome and badass  ladies!!!

My army will be  different from the traditional HOTT army as well in that there will only be one figure per base (element). Here's the composition. Any one of these ladies can be the "general" so I will just decide that before each game.

2 x Blade – Michonne, The Bride @ 2 AP                 4 pts
2 x Shooter – Ellen, Katniss or Carol @ 2 AP            4 pts
1 x Magician – Lucy @ 4 pts                  4 pts
1 x Rider – Lisbeth @ 2 pts                               2 pts
1 x Hero – Sam Carlson @ 4 AP                  4 pts
1 x Flyer – Jessica Jones @ 2 AP                  2 pts
1 x Sneaker – GI Jane @ 3 AP                  3 pts
1 x Lurker – Lara Croft @ 1 AP                  1 pt
Total                                              24 pts

Alternate: 1 x Hero Furiosa 4 AP, 1 x Behemoth – Tank Girl 4 AP

The Stronghold will be n urban apartment building in a lower middle class neighborhood (being th same one I will also be using for my  Purge armies.

Terry

"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

paulr

Looking forward to seeing this progress :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

FierceKitty

04 February 2020, 01:27:19 AM #2 Last Edit: 04 February 2020, 01:31:14 AM by FierceKitty
Wot, no Eowyn or Mrs Bates? I'd also consider Vasily's mum from Alexander Nevski, perhaps as a behemoth, and Mandy Cohen.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Terry37

No, already have Eowyn for my Riders of Rohan army. Trying to do this one as more modern from movies and series. The oldest time slot in the army is Ellen from the western The Quick and the dead, just because she is too, too cool!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpwmJ3g9qfc&t=52s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTh261UfP-0&t=28s

And my favorite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcRw-qFzW8w

If I were of the female gender you can be sure my cowboy shooting persona would be based on her, but alas, I'm just a lonely drover working for the Bar Cross Ranch!!!

Hoppy Tails

Hare Trigger
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Terry37

The figures are finished and I am working on the bases now. Instead of doing them all on one common type base I have decided to do the bases as depicted in some scene in the movie. For example, Beatrix Kiddo/The Bride will be on a garden snow base a la the final final combat with "Cottonmouth"  in Kill Bill 1 (the same as the final combat in Lady Snowblood). GI Jane will be in a desert setting a la the combat at the end where she saves the Master Chief....who by the way looks an awful lot like Aragorn!!!!  One more - Jessica Jones will be in an urban street setting. You get the idea.

Some new challenges doing this, especially trying to get completely smooth bases for streets and floors, etc. But trying some new ideas that I think are going to work.

Pictures soon, as the challenge is next Saturday, the 29th!!!

Terry

paulr

Looking forward to seeing these, probably after the challenge ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Terry37

I plan to take some pictures of each individual figure and try to also inset the real character they are based upon. Still trying to figure out how to do the inset, but soon!

Terry