Twilight of the Sun King Overview

Started by Hwiccee, 02 February 2020, 08:33:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hwiccee

I have made a series of short videos about the Twilight of the Sun King and Divine right rules, the phases of the game, etc. I am afraid they are not very good but hopefully they will give an overview of the rules and how they work.

You can see them from here - https://www.wyrehistoricbooks.co.uk/video

urbancohort

One should try everything in life, except for incest and folk-dancing....

toxicpixie

I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

flamingpig0

Quote from: Hwiccee on 02 February 2020, 08:33:13 PM
I have made a series of short videos about the Twilight of the Sun King and Divine right rules, the phases of the game, etc. I am afraid they are not very good but hopefully they will give an overview of the rules and how they work.

You can see them from here - https://www.wyrehistoricbooks.co.uk/video

Are the rules only for scenarios or is there an option for using army lists and points etc?
"I like coffee exceedingly..."
 H.P. Lovecraft

"We don't want your stupid tanks!" 
Salah Askar,

My six degrees of separation includes Osama Bin Laden, Hitler, and Wendy James

toxicpixie

Nick posted a series of random army generators for each historical period onto the IOGroup recently which give a good game (note: that's not the same as "points balanced" "equal" armies but should give something representative of the period that you as a commander would have to work with).

I'd recommend them - it's NOT points driven, competition game focused, but short (ish) historical Period  flavoured rules sets exploring the tactical battlefield at the time. And very easy to pick up :)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Adamwest

I have enjoyed watching these, thank you! And keep them coming please

Hwiccee

As has been mentioned there are no army lists as such. In part this is because the rules are for fighting large battles. Often you will not need to use an army list or points to select which parts of a real army you wish to fight with, you just use it all. There are random army generators which can use if you wish as mentioned.

Adamwest: Thank you I will try. If you have not seen them I have done another since this one. There are now 3 vidoes. Two for the 'Sun King' rules  - an overview and an AAR for the fictional battle of Keukentafel. One for an AAR of the historic battle of Strehla, 1760 using the 'Soldier Kings' rules. All 3 videos will help generally with the general gameplay, etc of all the rules, although obviously details will vary.

Dave Fielder

#LIKE. A very useful set of videos that gets to the point quickly. As a result I am now very tempted by this rule system.
Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis

Hwiccee

Thanks Dave. I hope to do some more when I have time.