Frostgrave/Wetgrave?

Started by sunjester, 28 January 2020, 09:35:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

toxicpixie

The thickness question ends up being debated ad neaseum whenever a new player discovers the joys of battlefield control - not sure Joe ever said more than "it's your game", but we ruled them at 1" as that's the physical size the plastic sheeting I used for my wall sections was ;)

It's not so much the angle of placement in the horizontal that Ithoriel has discovered a gimmick for, but rather laying them flat to make a massive "ramp" you can charge over three abreast instead of tight rope walking across single file. Bloody players.
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Raider4

Quote from: toxicpixie on 29 January 2020, 11:29:42 AM
It's not so much the angle of placement in the horizontal that Ithoriel has discovered a gimmick for, but rather laying them flat to make a massive "ramp" you can charge over three abreast instead of tight rope walking across single file.

Make your rivers canals a smidge over 6" wide so the far end can't be anchored  ;)

Quote from: toxicpixie on 29 January 2020, 11:29:42 AM
Bloody players.

Always the way . . .

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: O Dinas Powys on 28 January 2020, 01:17:16 PM
Cracking stuff  :-bd

Coracles is what you need: light and portable  :-

Easily sourced form Venice's famous "Welsh Quarter".

What do you mean you've never heard of it?
How do you think Treviso learned to play Rugby.

toxicpixie

Quote from: Raider4 on 29 January 2020, 11:44:49 AM
Make your rivers canals a smidge over 6" wide so the far end can't be anchored  ;)

Always the way . . .

Hehehehehehehehe :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Steve J

sunjester

Quote from: Ithoriel on 29 January 2020, 10:10:38 AM
Can you cast the spell on it's edge to create a 6" x 3" bridge?

Do you have to lie on your side to cast it like that?  :)

If you cast it flat it would no longer be 6" long and 3" high, so according to the strict wording of the rules, no you can't.

We will now have to argue about the thickness of the walls, but as I only play Frostgrave with one group of (usually) reasonable people, we should be able to come to a decision.

Raider4

If you lay a real wall horizontally over a gap, it will collapse. Either under it's own weight or as soon as someone tries to cross it.

Ithoriel

Pah! It's a magic wall, held together by Awizarddidit which is stronger than Gorilla Glue! :D
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data