Frostgrave/Wetgrave?

Started by sunjester, 28 January 2020, 09:35:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunjester

I had the Frostgrave gang (Mark, Henry and Colin) over for a game to try out some of Mark's ideas for our new Frostgrave campaign. We have played two previous Frostgrave campaigns in monthly games and Mark has been inspired by my new Streets of Venice layout.

More pictures on the blog http://grahamsgaming.blogspot.com/2020/01/frostgrave-wetgrave-in-venice.html

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

steve_holmes_11

It looks brilliant.

Something I learned form living in a canal city is how much the water opens up sightlines, but breaks up landlines.
Quite the opposite of most city terrain.

For example, I lived 300 metres from the Olympic stadium, but getting there involved a 1.5Km bike ride (Varied depending whether bridges were open for road or water traffic).
Some routes became a lot easier when I managed to borrow a boat.

Perhaps it's time for an extra character class - the Gondolier.

Techno

Stonking, Graham. :-bd

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

sunjester

Quote from: steve_holmes_11 on 28 January 2020, 10:47:53 AM

Something I learned form living in a canal city is how much the water opens up sightlines, but breaks up landlines.
Quite the opposite of most city terrain.

That is something players commented on, hence the liberal use of fog!

Thanks for all the kind words chaps.

O Dinas Powys

Cracking stuff  :-bd

Coracles is what you need: light and portable  :-\
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Raider4

Love it, looks really good. Great to see lots of urban scenery. What games of Mordheim ought to have looked like, but rarely did in my experience.

toxicpixie

Quote from: Raider4 on 28 January 2020, 10:12:31 PM
Love it, looks really good. Great to see lots of urban scenery. What games of Mordheim ought to have looked like, but rarely did in my experience.

Spot on, good comment. Nice :)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: O Dinas Powys on 28 January 2020, 01:17:16 PM
Cracking stuff  :-bd

Coracles is what you need: light and portable  :-

I understand there's a "Wall" spell, usually used to block movement.
I wonder whether a wall projected onto a canal bottom would create a narrow causeway across.

Wizard projects wall from some way down the canal.
Henchmen dash across.
Fun ensues.

toxicpixie

Walls are 3" high IIRC (and 6" long). So as long as you specify depth of water pre-game, that's no problems. Unless the spell dissipates when someone's halfway over :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: toxicpixie on 29 January 2020, 09:21:43 AM
Walls are 3" high IIRC (and 6" long). So as long as you specify depth of water pre-game, that's no problems. Unless the spell dissipates when someone's halfway over :D

It might just work, does it specify how thick they are?  :-\
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Ithoriel

Can you cast the spell on it's edge to create a 6" x 3" bridge?

Do you have to lie on your side to cast it like that?  :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

toxicpixie

We just treated them as 1" wide, I honestly can't recall of Joe ever specified? They might even be 6" tall, my FG stuff's in the loft of doom so I can't double check :D

And I guess you could house rule casting at odd angles, but I can forsee some bugger making life difficult with that so maybe not ;)

Orcs

Quote from: toxicpixie on 29 January 2020, 10:14:51 AM
We just treated them as 1" wide, I honestly can't recall of Joe ever specified? They might even be 6" tall, my FG stuff's in the loft of doom so I can't double check :D

And I guess you could house rule casting at odd angles, but I can forsee some bugger making life difficult with that so maybe not ;)

Walls ae three inches high, same as fog. No thickness is mentioned, but this is not really relevant in the game. Climbin gover a wall is normally leathal, as you end up stuck in plain sight at least once.

They ae a straight line from any point in line of sight , again same as fog.

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson