Craft knife, but with LED

Started by Aksu, 26 January 2020, 04:46:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aksu

Came across this in an online railroad modeller shop (yes, guilty as charged, taken up another modeling hobby - N scale i.e. 10 mm model railroading)... anyway, there is at least a German company that makes an X-acto but with an LED. Sort of a brilliant idea, probably
https://youtu.be/rmQqmmSwgQs
Cheers,
Aksu

steve_holmes_11

This was the formal weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or random as a blaster.
More skill than simple sight was required for its use.
An elegant weapon.
It was a symbol as well.
Anyone can use a blaster or a fusioncutter—but to use a lightsaber well was a mark of someone a cut above the ordinary.

Wulf

While I rarely if ever need that degree of precision lining up a blade, if I ever did, I would have appreciated this. A solution to a problem I never realised I had...

Ithoriel

A solution looking for a problem, IMHO, Wulf!

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Orcs

Is the light so that Techno can see where he is cutting himself?
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Techno

petercooman

Quote from: Orcs on 03 February 2020, 06:24:02 PM
Is the light so that Techno can see where he is cutting himself?

They should make one with a laser, so he can immediately weld it back togheter...

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Ithoriel

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data