Hacking attempt.

Started by Techno, 22 January 2020, 07:39:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

22 January 2020, 07:39:57 AM Last Edit: 22 January 2020, 07:41:46 AM by Techno
Anyone else getting 'hacking attempt' when starting a new topic ?

I've tried twice in 'Chat and News'....... "Hacking Attempt" has come up both times. :-\

Cheers - Phil

Techno

22 January 2020, 08:28:01 AM #1 Last Edit: 22 January 2020, 08:35:10 AM by Techno
Don't worry.....I think I've sussed it !

I'll go and have another go.

Cheers - Phil

YEP..... Sorted !!! I forgot about not putting apostrophes in the title !! =) :-[

Noktu

Phil, I just encountered this myself a few days back. Maybe we should leave this topic here as a reminder.

Techno

We certainly can, Atte. :)

I'd forgotten ALL about the problems with apostrophes in the subject title....It's been quite a while since it cropped up.
Goodness knows what suddenly made me think of it.

It DOES occur up from time to time.....But fairly infrequently....So I'll probably have forgotten by the next time it happens. ;D ;D ;D

Cheers - Phil.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Not surprising at your age Phil.

BTW latest tele scam - We are taking money out of your bank account for Amazon Prime. !
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno

Quote from: ianrs54 on 22 January 2020, 11:09:52 AM
Not surprising at your age Phil.

It's that, and the sheer number of things I'm having to remember, sort out & do, at the mo' ! X_X

Quote from: ianrs54 on 22 January 2020, 11:09:52 AM
BTW latest tele scam - We are taking money out of your bank account for Amazon Prime. !

Had one of those a week or two ago.....Bit of an obvious one as I don't use Amazon Prime. ;D

(The irony of that, is that I went to check on Amazon to see whether they sold the two of the new flavours of crisps that I'm totally addicted to.....They did !! WooHoo...Won't have to wait until the shops get them in again, locally...(usually at least a month's wait)..Just about about to order 10 packets of each, and then noticed that only Amazon Prime customers can order them.
PANTS !!  :'( :'( :'(

Cheers - Phil

FierceKitty

Time to explain to our US friends that "crisps" are what "potato chips" are called in English.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Raider4

Quote from: FierceKitty on 22 January 2020, 01:08:25 PM
Time to explain to our US friends that "crisps" are what "potato chips" are called in English.

The one American-ism it took me ages to work out was "jelly". You'd see kids on TV programmes asking for peanut butter & jelly sandwiches,and I'm thinking "Eh??". It was only when I saw some TV cops eating "jelly doughnuts" it twigged - in America jelly == jam!

Still have no idea what they call real jelly mind . . .

FierceKitty

22 January 2020, 02:34:07 PM #8 Last Edit: 22 January 2020, 02:35:47 PM by FierceKitty
Jell-o (but note English does in fact recognise things like quince jelly, redcurrant jelly, mint jelly, and apple jelly at least).

REmeber it's OUR LANGUAGE, and those danmd upitty colonials hijacked it. !!!  :d :d
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

FierceKitty

And they largely preserved it, while you lot mangled the pronounciation.

mollinary

Quote from: FierceKitty on 22 January 2020, 03:35:33 PM
And they largely preserved it, while you lot mangled the pronounciation.

While you merely misspelled the pronunciation!  ;)
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Hey, the great vowel slip ain't our fault!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

d_Guy

Quote from: mad lemmey on 22 January 2020, 03:48:04 PM
Hey, the great vowel slip ain't our fault!

What do you island folk call a tar arn?
Sleep with clean hands ...

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner