French 4 pdr’s 1809

Started by Norm, 21 January 2020, 09:26:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norm

21 January 2020, 09:26:48 AM Last Edit: 21 January 2020, 10:19:24 AM by Norm
French 4pdr's from the french 1809 army pack.

I pulled these out of the lead pile as a test unit for 10mm napoleonics. I have based these onto the Kallistra 30mm x 40mm plastic bases and first thought the base was perhaps too big, but with the figures added, itn looks about right.

The army pack gives 3 guns and crews, so the frontage here is 90mm, though in actual gaming, I may well drop to a two model battery depending on the size and demands of the scenario,

These were primed grey, block painted, washed and then highlighted.

Click to enlarge!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

FierceKitty

Nifty. May I suggest a black dot at the muzzle to indicate where the shot comes out?
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Steve J

Very nice and the black dot is compulsory :D.

Westmarcher

Nice, indeed!  :-bd  ... and well done for painting the wheel rims, too!  :D
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Norm

thanks all - black dot now done :-)

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Terry37

If the figure will allow I always drill out the muzzle a little and then paint it black. Just adds a small bit to the look.

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Techno

Very nice work, Norm & Terry !

Cheers - Phil.

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Norm

Terry, my daughter got me a modellers tool kit at Christmas, which includes a pin vice, so I will give that a go...... I mean what can go wrong :D

Drill in finger, barrel damaged etc etc ....
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

My effort was stabbing myself down the side of the thumb nail, and snapping the bit that the vise was holding. :-[

However.....I DO find that they've most useful if you crush a fingernail, (however you fancy X_X) and end up with a 'blood blister' under the nail...(Painful)
I've used a vise, with a 0.7mm or a 0.5mm bit to VERY slowly drill through the nail, until I've released the blood, without going into the skin underneath.

Instant relief.....But don't try this at home children, without supervision, or unless you're a complete twerp, like me. (Again...sadly, the above is quite true....3 or 4 times, and counting :-[)

Cheers - Phil