Big Boats

Started by steve_holmes_11, 19 January 2020, 10:53:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve_holmes_11

If you want something nautical to complement your 10mm figures.

If you like big boats (and you cannot lie).

https://nscaleships.com/

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Oh I say. Those are rather excellent
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Coo....Aren't they ?

Cheers - Phil

sunjester

The sub chaser looks superb!

steve_holmes_11

Just don't ask "how much?".
If you need to ask ...

With that caveat, the fellow in charge is open to requests, though his big thing seems to be large commercial vessels.
Something like a Campbeltown (Other 4 stackers are available) for your commando raid would impress the club.

toxicpixie

Price is a bit "ouch", but... you could have an ace game of Black Ops or similar in 10mm on those...
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Storagev would be a pain, but very nice !
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Ithoriel

Quote from: ianrs54 on 29 January 2020, 10:08:54 AM
Storagev would be a pain, but very nice !

Since you'd need a ballroom to play a game with them, storage may not be an issue.

Have the servants store them in the blue guest room on the second floor of the East Wing :D
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Westmarcher

Fletcher Pratt springs to mind. If you like that kind of thing, and happen to be in Glasgow, there's a whole load of ship models in various scales (about 250) in the Riverside Museum (aka Museum of Transport). Entrance is free (although parking ain't).

https://www.militaryimages.net/media/glasgow-museum-of-transport-warship-models.29611/
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

They have the Cammel Laird collection in our local museum
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: Westmarcher on 29 January 2020, 11:05:56 AM
Fletcher Pratt springs to mind. If you like that kind of thing, and happen to be in Glasgow, there's a whole load of ship models in various scales (about 250) in the Riverside Museum (aka Museum of Transport). Entrance is free (although parking ain't).

https://www.militaryimages.net/media/glasgow-museum-of-transport-warship-models.29611/

I recall the larger scale models, including the "Queens" (Liners, not WW1 superdreadnoughts), Hood and King George V are all 1:48 scale.
Apparently the hull was roughed out at 1:48 for tank testing (Does it float? The right way up? How is its power / speed curve on flat and choppy water).
Once done, the same scale was used to  produce a detailed "shiny for the customers" model.

1:48 is now a popular vehicle scale for the fanboys 28mm collectors.
Imagine a Battleship Boarding action with 28mm figures.
If its Bolt action rules, your rifles won't shoot the length of the engine room.

Steve J

One of the models is 8' long  :o :o :o.

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: Steve J on 29 January 2020, 03:09:34 PM
One of the models is 8' long  :o :o :o.

The skipper's compensating again...