End Phase

Started by T13A, 18 January 2020, 09:02:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T13A

Hi

Am I correct in saying that using BKC-IV, during the End Phase, hits and suppression only comes off the active players units? (Unlike BKC-II where hits came off both sides units).

The firing example on page 39 (3rd paragraph from the bottom) still (i.e. no change in the errata) goes along with BKC-II, so I'm still rather confused.

Grateful for some clarity.

Cheers Paul
T13A Out!

Big Insect

Ignoring the example - does it say anywhere else that the process differs between BKCIV and BKCII.

Sorry - I don't have my rules set with me as I answer this.

Thanks
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

T13A

Hi Mark

Ignoring the example in BKC-IV (which follows BKC-II)

BKC-II:

Page 9 – Sequence of Play – Phases

End

•   remove outstanding hits from all units on the table;
•   remove suppression markers from all of the active player's units;

Page 36 – End Phase

•   remove outstanding hits from all units on the table;
•   remove suppression markers from all of the active player's units;

BKC-IV

Page 18 – Sequence of Play – Phases

End

•   Remove outstanding hits from all of the active player's units on the table.
•   Remove suppression markers from all the active player's units.

Page 56 – End Phase

•   Remove outstanding hits from all of the active player's units on the table.
•   Remove suppression markers from all the active player's units.

(my highlighting)

It obviously says the same on the new QRS.

Cheers Paul
T13A Out!

Big Insect

Thanks Paul

I think this might be a 'carry-over' error from BCKIII
There is no intention to change the way that Hits or Suppression are played in BKCIV from BCKII.

The correct order of play is:

At the end of a player's turn the following happens:

1. The hits for both sides are removed
2. Suppression for the active player's units are removed
3. Suppression for the inactive player's units stay on
4. The inactive player now becomes the active player

Does that make sense?
We'll pick that up and amend/clarify it - the lumping together of Hits and Suppressions is what has caused the issue.

Thanks
Mark
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

glenbrooks

Hi Mark does that mean the new quick play sheet 1.1 is wrong and the rules are wrong? as it still says only remove active players hits and suppression ? thanks glen

Big Insect

It does Glen and that is being picked up both in the QRS and the Errata.
Thanks
Mark

glenbrooks

thanks for the fast reply mark, all ready for a game next week now ,glen

Big Insect

Wonderful Glen - keep us posted - even mini-battle reports are always welcomed.
Hope you have fun

Mark