German 15 cm schwere Feldhaubitze 18

Started by T13A, 18 January 2020, 12:15:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T13A

Hi

Is there one in the catalogue (the basic German divisional heavy howitzer)? I cannot see it, I can see a 15cm IG but presume that is not the same thing?

Any hep gratefully received.

Cheers Paul

T13A Out!

SV52

Nope, they ain't; as you say the 18 is the standard long-barrelled job you see all over the place.  Whereas the stubbier 15 cm sIG 33 is the heavy infantry gun.  8)
"The time has come, the walrus said..."

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

OldenBUA

Well, the carriage was also used for the PaK 43/41 AT gun, which is available (GRA27). And the barrel is in the Hummel SP gun (GRV81). So maybe it can be cobbled together from those?
Water is indeed the essential ingredient of life, because without water you can't make coffee!

Aander lu bin óók lu.

Ithoriel

So we could buy one of GRA27 and one GRV21 and have a 15 cm schwere Feldhaubitze 18 and a Hornisse?
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

OldenBUA

That should also work, so it's worth a try. I don't know if all the parts can be fitted together though. Maybe some fiddling is required.
Water is indeed the essential ingredient of life, because without water you can't make coffee!

Aander lu bin óók lu.

Ithoriel

I have a small order almost ready to go, a couple more packs won't break the bank.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Orcs

Quote from: Ithoriel on 19 January 2020, 05:34:54 PM
I have a small order almost ready to go, a couple more packs won't break the bank.

That quote is almost always untrue.  It starts that way then .............  :)
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Ithoriel

It was twelve quid, now it's thirty. C'est la vie! :)

Orcs

Quote from: Ithoriel on 19 January 2020, 07:36:12 PM
It was twelve quid, now it's thirty. C'est la vie! :)

Better send it to Leon now before its Fifty!
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson