Today chess....

Started by FierceKitty, 18 January 2020, 01:30:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_Guy

Always a good bet, Phil, but more like greasy pork!
Sleep with clean hands ...

Techno

So....much tastier than chicken then, Bill ?  ;D ;D ;D

Cheers - Phil (Who has never eaten rabbit, venison, rat, flying rat (feral pigeon  >:() or larks' tongues in aspic.) ;)....At least... as far as he knows.)

mollinary

Venison, well prepared, is gorgeous. Rabbit is an acquired taste. But pigeon, cooked at a Michelin starred restaurant in France many years ago, nearly killed me. The most violent food poisoning I have ever experienced. Never again!
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

steve_holmes_11

Chess:

IGO-UGO - so old-Skool.
Unpainted miniatures - come on guys, a little effort wouldn't hurt.
Fixed army lists - where's the fun in that.
Don't even get me started on the terrain - no cover, no rivers, no woods - who in their right mind would want to conquer this land.
On that subject, what about some ranged combat, it's all melee with a ridiculous charge bonus of "attacker can't lose".
Always the same scenario.
Not supportive of multiplayer, big battle or skirmish variants.

Orcs

Quote from: steve_holmes_11 on 19 January 2020, 06:56:15 PM
Chess:

IGO-UGO - so old-Skool.
Don't even get me started on the terrain - no cover, no rivers, no woods - who in their right mind would want to conquer this land.
On that subject, what about some ranged combat, it's all melee with a ridiculous charge bonus of "attacker can't lose".

;D ;D So True, although is the best strategy game I have found for free to use to my iPhone . (That is not too complex / has graphics so small you need an electron microscope to see them )
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

mollinary

Quote from: steve_holmes_11 on 19 January 2020, 06:56:15 PM
Chess:

IGO-UGO - so old-Skool.

But the one big plus - it seems to have infinite replayability!
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Ithoriel

I'm waiting for the new edition of Codex Black :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Orcs

Quote from: Ithoriel on 19 January 2020, 07:37:35 PM
I'm waiting for the new edition of Codex Black :)

No doubt  Games Workshop will happily sell you one with a painting guide for £25
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

toxicpixie

Quote from: d_Guy on 18 January 2020, 06:10:03 PM
As a hillbilly I am often required to wear shoes in upscale restaurants.  >:(

I wouldn't eat at a restaurant that would willingly serve me!

A joke so simple a child is six could understand it.

Quick, someone find me a child of six!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

d_Guy

Quote from: toxicpixie on 19 January 2020, 08:53:10 PM
I wouldn't eat at a restaurant that would willingly serve me!
If you mean place you on the menu, neither would I!

Sleep with clean hands ...

FierceKitty

Venison in cherry sauce is the culinary equivalent of Beethoven. Look up Elizabeth David's Italian Food for a recipe.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Ithoriel

Absolutely, FK!

Back in the days before I went veggie I was rather partial to venison and had a recipe, filched from the internet, which involved medallions of venison with morello cherries and red wine which, even in my inexpert hands, was something of a success at dinner parties.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

FierceKitty

I didn't know you were a veggie! I'd better make sure my wife never finds out; she lives in fear that I'll become one (for a Buddhist, she's frighteningly carnivorous), and if she thought wargaming could make one cross over, I'd come home to an empty games cupboard one day.

Ithoriel

I never liked white meat (fish, poultry or pig) but was partial to beef and venison, preferably as steaks or mince. To be fair bacon and prawns were exceptions to the general rule.

Being ultra fussy I found early on that claiming to be veggie made eating out rather simpler.

With the evidence of potential harm from too much red meat and bacon, coupled with the BSE and similar scares, it was a simple matter to swap to being fully vegetarian.

No wargaming involved!

FierceKitty

Bacon's off my menu since gout turned up. :(