FPW Commission

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 18 December 2019, 10:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Not Drowning, Waving

Like the staggered basing, and the paint job. Inspiration to get back to it.

holdfast

It's only 12 bases to soak and remake. As I recall it Mollinary had upwards of 40.
A good project while having to self isolate!

cameronian

Quote from: mollinary on 19 December 2019, 08:44:07 PM
Sorry about that! I only really focussed on this some years ago when I was having a large number of limbers and Caissons for the French, Prussians and Austrians done, and did not specify which side the riders should be. The subsequent rebasing has burned  this lesson onto my soul!

British army, ride horse on the left, hand horse on the right, just as Mollinary said.
Don't buy your daughters a pony, buy them heroin instead, its cheaper and ultimately less addictive.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Too late, off with their owner now.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fred.

Those hussars are very nice figures - would they work for WWI, or had uniforms changed by then?

I'll try and remember the limber riders bit - as I have a bunch of WWI limbers to do (at some point) - which might be coming closer
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

DHautpol

Quite magnificent work and I thought that the bases were superb.  I'm usually satisfied with dry-brushing yellow over green Basetex, as it matches my terrain tiles, but may have to reconsider having seen these.
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2018 Painting Competition - 3 x Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Ace of Spades

Beautiful work, my compliments!

Cheers,
Rob
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!