25/28 for D&D 5th

Started by O Dinas Powys, 16 January 2020, 12:01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

O Dinas Powys

Managed to get a group together about 20 months ago to play some 5th edition Dungeons and Dragons.

When I ran, we used the Pendraken Dungeon and figures  :D
(Photos exist, maybe I'll get the chance to upload some into an actual play someday... O:-) )

One of the other guys caught the painting bug and has invested in new D&D figures, whilst another has dug his old Warhammer RP figures out of the loft leading to using 25/28mm stuff when they DM.  So, getting into the spirit of things, I've dug into the deepest depths of lead pile and pulled out some old figures to paint up - as well as bringing my old RP figures back into service - and here are the results so far.

Just need to decide on basing - do I go dungeon or wilderness...

Cheers!

Meirion

PS Mixture of Citadel, Rap Partha and Grendier...
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

O Dinas Powys

16 January 2020, 12:09:13 PM #1 Last Edit: 16 January 2020, 12:54:23 PM by O Dinas Powys
An old Citadel (IIRC) Dragon I've had since the mid 80's!  Tried painting it several times, but never previously got beyond the basecoat  :-[

Decided to go Forest Dragon because I'm not a huge fan of the D&D coloured dragons and it didn't seem to fit any of the types anyway...  :-\

O Dinas Powys

16 January 2020, 12:14:28 PM #2 Last Edit: 16 January 2020, 12:58:40 PM by O Dinas Powys
Ral Parth RuneQuest Wyrm: I think the figure is based on an encounter from Griffin Mountain with water wyrms and quite crocodilian.  Anyway, decided to go Sea Dragon in this one.

O Dinas Powys

16 January 2020, 12:19:01 PM #3 Last Edit: 16 January 2020, 12:59:28 PM by O Dinas Powys
1st edition WH40K Ambull (/knock-off Umber Hulk  ;) )

O Dinas Powys

16 January 2020, 12:20:29 PM #4 Last Edit: 16 January 2020, 01:00:11 PM by O Dinas Powys
Couple of plastic Citadel Giant Spiders I picked up for pennies at the local Valkyrie show a few years back.

O Dinas Powys

16 January 2020, 12:23:25 PM #5 Last Edit: 16 January 2020, 01:01:12 PM by O Dinas Powys
We've been playing Hoard of the Dragon Queen and gained some lizard-folk allies.  Saw these for ~£2.50 at Warfare this year and thought, "Yes please!"  :D

Ithoriel

Hi, your images are showing as broken links to me.

The code appears to be a link to a compressed image that the forum cannot resolve. I think you need to click through to the image proper, this looks to be a link to a preview and/ or thumbnail image.

Quote from: O Dinas Powys on 16 January 2020, 12:23:25 PM
https://previews.dropbox.com/p/thumb AAo9_mKrhVoY3sy0Q7Z1lUji0KDqjDKmWLgE1DSBSQl8ll2N9h8FIVGQTXRfgRr07hbu84otO8wq4run1fGUP4z6Tq2tBL67zGp8lm4e6y5soNsIpdtvv5wR_zo6s27631G94FGXZXmOUpK1nsdLPKQ2nQQyXsGmP_36I-Ghs7qiAvs2BS_KDPdap5SidNzyiS5sJaRDVZHTflStMN7mZfvOlzlBChOrNIX5GXsT-Ew0BtNW_Q4J0dephvVcHG5eMGMNlSrqNDmlyP5BQ9s-jmDSGaz7p4yRTjcs1KqmrG68BacN1H2uk5c9DlSva8XGeugVIR91rpsTxSeXdeCg4yX3miJ-fWfLQouVr01SkEgC9Q/p.jpeg?fv_content=true&size_mode=5
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

O Dinas Powys

16 January 2020, 12:44:58 PM #7 Last Edit: 16 January 2020, 01:16:55 PM by O Dinas Powys
Quote from: Ithoriel on 16 January 2020, 12:36:50 PM

The code appears to be a link to a compressed image that the forum cannot resolve. I think you need to click through to the image proper, this looks to be a link to a preview and/ or thumbnail image.

Yeah - I thought I'd managed to link from DropBox before, but it doesn't seem to want to work and I can't find a way to get a link  :'(

I'm trying to shift them to Flickr befoe the window for editing runs out  :!!

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: Ithoriel on 16 January 2020, 12:36:50 PM

Right, switched to Flickr and hopefully they work now - I can see them on my phone which I couldn't before!  :-/

O Dinas Powys

I really liked the mini and the patterns of the scales suggested flames to me, so Reaper Bones Basilisk painted as a fire elemental-lizard-creature-thing...  ;)

Techno

I like those lots, Meirion ! :-bd

The old 'Citadel' dragon, Looks very much like an early 'Tom Meir' sculpt, which would make it either an old Ral Partha figure....or one that (as you say) was produced by Citadel. (I think that that's more likely.)

Cheers - Phil :)

petercooman

Lovely figures!

I'm digging up old lead as well, but for dragon rampant (got my rulebook on monday)

I can see a lot of my d&d boardgame minis getting pressganged into that game as well :D

Techno

X_X X_X

I've still got two boxes of the very original 'Official' TSR 'monsters'.

They truly are totally POOP sculpts. ;D ;D ;D

Cheers - A Sad Old G*t.

petercooman

Quote from: Techno on 16 January 2020, 02:42:11 PM
X_X X_X

I've still got two boxes of the very original 'Official' TSR 'monsters'.

They truly are totally POOP sculpts. ;D ;D ;D

Cheers - A Sad Old G*t.

Those are classics Phil! It's not poop, it's nostalgia! They look good when painted up!

Techno

16 January 2020, 05:07:50 PM #14 Last Edit: 16 January 2020, 05:12:58 PM by Techno
Quote from: petercooman on 16 January 2020, 04:48:31 PM
Those are classics Phil! It's not poop, it's nostalgia! They look good when painted up!

No, Peter   ;D ;D ;).....They truly are naff sculpts  ;D ;D ;D.....But but I suppose there is a certain charm about them, as they're so ancient.

I'm still very fond of some of the very early Citadel figures......Though I sold virtually all my old models to 'Orclord' YEARS ago.

(I think Orclord's site still exists.) :-

I think (having looked it up) it's called the stuff of legends. :D

Cheers - Phil