American Civil War range!

Started by Leon, 15 January 2020, 11:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceKitty

Say "sir" when you address a Field Marshal, lad.  ;)
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Ace of Spades

Thanks for your compliments gentlemen!
I did indeed mix the colors on the artillery crews to show they could be used for both sides. They were a joy to paint as are all Pendraken figures to me.
Finally got some new 10mm stuff done for my own (have been side tracked by 'some' other projects for a while) so hopefully I'll be spending some more time with you all on this here forum too!

Cheers,
Rob
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

T13A

Hi

These figures and the painting look simply stunning. As ACW is probably my favourite periods, I'm just sad that I have already spent to much time and effort in creating 15mm armies.

Cheers Paul
T13A Out!

steve_holmes_11

Superb painting Rob.
I really enjoyed looking at what's possible on 10mm figures.

I then had 10 minutes to contemplate my comparative lack of painting skills.
Just stopped short of burning all my brushes.

Ace of Spades

Quote from: T13A on 18 January 2020, 09:14:24 AM
These figures and the painting look simply stunning. As ACW is probably my favourite periods, I'm just sad that I have already spent to much time and effort in creating 15mm armies.
I do ACW in 6, 10, 15, 20 and 28mm now... they all have their merits and uses!

Cheers,
Rob

Ace of Spades

Quote from: steve_holmes_11 on 18 January 2020, 10:10:12 AM
I then had 10 minutes to contemplate my comparative lack of painting skills.
Just stopped short of burning all my brushes.
Please don't! I appreciate the compliments but if it stops people having fun I'll withdraw my work from the public eye...
A fine brush, some washes and a pair of glasses are a good start; the will to improve and not be sattisfied to quickly will do the rest!

Cheers,
Rob

Morty

The work on those figures is just incredible- both the sculpting and the painting

Techno

Quote from: Ace of Spades on 18 January 2020, 10:18:07 AM
Please don't! I appreciate the compliments but if it stops people having fun I'll withdraw my work from the public eye..

Don't you dare, Rob !

I'm certain that Steve didn't mean that remotely seriously. :)

I'D like to be able to play the guitar like Hendrix or Clapton....Play keyboards like Keith Emerson.....or Rick Wakeman....and sculpt the wee men/animals like Tom Meir or Nick Bibby.

Cheers - Phil ;)

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: Ace of Spades on 18 January 2020, 10:18:07 AM
Please don't! I appreciate the compliments but if it stops people having fun I'll withdraw my work from the public eye...
A fine brush, some washes and a pair of glasses are a good start; the will to improve and not be sattisfied to quickly will do the rest!

Cheers,
Rob

Don't worry, I quickly came to my senses.
I shall continue painting in my quick but "good enough for arm's length" style.
I'll admire the skills of you good folks with a talent for creating beautiful miniatures.

mollinary

I must applaud this whole effort. Beautiful painting like this shows off the incredible skills of the sculptors, who produce works of art in this scale. I think the figures in greatcoats are breathtaking, the subtlety of the hang of the coats given life by the skill of the painter - Wow!

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Leon

Quote from: Ace of Spades on 18 January 2020, 08:50:51 AM
I did indeed mix the colors on the artillery crews to show they could be used for both sides. They were a joy to paint as are all Pendraken figures to me.
Finally got some new 10mm stuff done for my own (have been side tracked by 'some' other projects for a while) so hopefully I'll be spending some more time with you all on this here forum too!

They look excellent Rob, and we've had a lot of positive responses on the social media as well.  Thanks again for doing them!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leon

There was a chap asking at the York show about what units the Zouaves were painted as, so for anyone else interested:

ACW17 - Zouaves in fez = 146th New York
ACW18 - Zouaves in fez = 76th Pennsylvania 'Keystone Zouaves'
ACW19 - Zouaves in kepi = 69th New Work; 'K' company 'Irish Zouaves'
ACW20 - Zouaves in kepi = 11th Indiana; 'Wallace's Zouaves' early war uniform
ACW21 - Zouaves in turban = 5th New York
ACW22 - Zouaves in straw hats = Louisiana Tiger Zouaves
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!