American Civil War range!

Started by Leon, 15 January 2020, 11:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

15 January 2020, 11:45:50 PM Last Edit: 04 February 2020, 11:19:36 PM by Leon
We've added painted pictures to the website of (almost!) all of our ACW range!  We just need to get the stagecoach done and then these are all done.  We'd like to thank Rob Berends for his work on these, and also apologise for the length of time it's taken to get them photo'd!

https://pendraken.co.uk/19th-century/americas/american-civil-war/

(painted as 146th New York)

(painted as 76th Pennsylvania 'Keystone Zouaves')

(painted as 69th New Work; 'K' company 'Irish Zouaves')

(painted as 11th Indiana; 'Wallace's Zouaves' early war uniform)

(painted as 5th New York)

(painted as Louisiana Tiger Zouaves)

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

paulr

16 January 2020, 02:06:31 AM #1 Last Edit: 16 January 2020, 02:10:50 AM by paulr
 :-bd =D> :-bd =D> :-bd

Good photos of great painting of great figures :)

I note they were not on the Plans for 2020, several other ranges mentioned for Website Photos but not ACW ;D ;D ;D

Also you should check ACW56 Union artillery crew, aiming (16) and ACW58 Confederate artillery crew, aiming (16), they look to have been transposed #-o
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

Quote from: paulr on 16 January 2020, 02:06:31 AM
Also you should check ACW56 Union artillery crew, aiming (16) and ACW58 Confederate artillery crew, aiming (16), they look to have been transposed #-o

Those are the correct codes/photos, it's kepi for Union and hats for Confeds.  I think Rob has painted up a couple of sets in the opposing sides colours, just to show that you can mix and match them in your armies.

Quote from: paulr on 16 January 2020, 02:06:31 AM
I note they were not on the Plans for 2020, several other ranges mentioned for Website Photos but not ACW ;D ;D ;D

They probably should have been on there but I'd photo'd them before Christmas so they were technically a 2019 job!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

paulr

Quote from: Leon on 16 January 2020, 02:15:18 AM
Those are the correct codes/photos, it's kepi for Union and hats for Confeds.  I think Rob has painted up a couple of sets in the opposing sides colours, just to show that you can mix and match them in your armies.

Yep, the colours definitely threw me :)

Quote from: Leon on 16 January 2020, 02:15:18 AM
They probably should have been on there but I'd photo'd them before Christmas so they were technically a 2019 job!

Fair enough, now get some sleep
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

Wonderful painting of a great range of figures 8).

Techno

Terrific work by Rob B !  :-bd

Cheers - Phil

pierre the shy

Very nice indeed - I applaud your on-going efforts to get good pictures of all your products online Leon......wish some other 6mm and 10mm manuafacters would follow suit.

That seige mortar (ACW60) looks like a serious piece of kit  :)
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

Westmarcher

16 January 2020, 08:36:24 AM #8 Last Edit: 16 January 2020, 08:44:42 AM by Westmarcher
Totally agree - Rob Berends did a great job.  :-bd

Quote from: pierre the shy on 16 January 2020, 07:39:57 AM
Very nice indeed - I applaud your on-going efforts to get good pictures of all your products online Leon......wish some other 6mm and 10mm manuafacters would follow suit.

Their loss. Having been burned once or twice when buying with no or inadequate pictures in the past, I no longer buy without seeing first.

p.s. ACW62: still think that when that wagon team suddenly stops, the driver is going to slide off!  #-o  ;D
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

O Dinas Powys

(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Shedman

Lovely - I have some of the Zouaves in Fez and Turbans for my French in Algeria forces

Leon

Quote from: pierre the shy on 16 January 2020, 07:39:57 AM
Very nice indeed - I applaud your on-going efforts to get good pictures of all your products online Leon......wish some other 6mm and 10mm manufacturers would follow suit.

I think it's something we'll try and do for all of the ranges in the longer-term, but certainly the most popular ones in the short-term.  WWI and WWII need to be our priorities next as those haven't had any pictures at all for too long now.  It's a lot more expensive than blackwashing, but it certainly makes the figures look better!

FierceKitty

17 January 2020, 01:59:43 AM #13 Last Edit: 17 January 2020, 03:46:52 AM by FierceKitty
But you should really stick to black wash with the 42nd Highlanders.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Shecky

Quote from: FierceKitty on 17 January 2020, 01:59:43 AM
But you should really stick to black wash with the 42nd Highlanders.

I see what you did there