Proxy Figures for War of the Pacific?

Started by streetgang, 13 January 2020, 12:13:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

streetgang

Years ago, I ordered army packs from this range when they were first released and even painted some http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=265218

I recently picked up Trebian's Its Getting a Bit Chile (IGaBC)rules and really like the system and concepts. I have a 4" grid desert game mat and even my figures are based in a manner that will work with IGaBC...its almost fate!

Its been so many years since I bought the packs, alot of the figures are mixed up in unlabeled bags. I will need to order more packs to get suitably sized IGaBC armies nut would also like to find out if there are any figures from other ranges that could be used so that I have some more poses and variety on my bases (especially for my Peruvians and Chileans).

It seems the Chilean uniforms were heavily influenced by French uniforms. Does Pendraken have any figures in the French 19th century ranges that would be in kepi and frock coat or kepi and jacket? I imagine one could make the "Atacama" battalion from French in greatcoats.

What figure codes from the War of the Pacific (and other ranges) do others use to make their Peruvian and Chilean armies? I should probably state that I plan to collect armies for the initial campaigns when the Bolivians were still in the war. Thanks for any input and apologies if I rambled thru my post!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!
2021 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Winner!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fulcrum

No help on the proxy issue, but with a battalion being 12 strong, (3 command + 9 line), each pack of infantry will need 2 further sets of command figs.

Knowing whether I could order a French or Prussian Line Command pack (10 Officers, 10 Standard Bearers and 10 Drummers) would make Leon's life easier.

If they are completely dissimilar, perhap Leon could produce a command pack for Kepis and Picklehaubes?

Lee

(I don't have the rules yet - It's Getting a Bit Chile..., should have arrived today, but there is some delay at the Amazon end)