Pendraken Miniatures Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
22 February 2020, 07:55:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
How did we do in 2019?  Read our Review and find out!
291509 Posts in 17328 Topics by 2202 Members
Latest Member: hammurabi70
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Pendraken Miniatures Forum
|-+  Pendraken Releases, Requests and Photos!
| |-+  Photos
| | |-+  WW2 Photos
| | | |-+  Noktus WW2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noktus WW2  (Read 974 times)
Techno
Count

« Reply #45 on: 04 February 2020, 03:23:03 PM »

Lovely !! (Once again)  Thumbs up

Cheers - Phil

FSN IS an oik...I wonder when he'll change his signature again . :-)
Techno....AND STILL.....The most picked on member of the forum since 2011
mad lemmey
Marquis

« Reply #46 on: 04 February 2020, 06:00:07 PM »

Fabulous

Chekov's Gun, Occam's Razor, and Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle walk into a bar. You won't believe what happens next!

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner 😎
Terry37
Colonel

« Reply #47 on: 06 February 2020, 07:57:46 PM »

This has been an interesting thread, and I fully identify with your pursuit of correctness. So I'll share a few thoughts.

First, there is really only one person you need to satisfy, and that is you.

Then, who can say for sure what the exact shade was, especially after being in the weather and action a bit.

And finally. a thought - gray with dunklebraun scheme was really a very, very early war camo pattern. I am sure some still wore it into the French campaign, but it was rapidly going away. Yet having said that, who is to say it wasn't used later in the war if that was all that was available.

If you are going to do a British counter force  I highly recommend the Stamner books. They are excellent and include true paint color chips. Or if I can be of nay help as I am a big fan of the British, send me a private note and we'll chat.

Terry

"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams
Noktu
Lieutenant

« Reply #48 on: 07 February 2020, 07:08:48 AM »

Thank you Phil and Lemmey.

And also thank you Terry for your input. I'll definately take any advice considering the allies.

I actually received some modelling paints from my aircraft modeler friend and those are giving me a new hope. As the Army Painter paints I use for the miniatures are of inferior consistency, especially when painting vehicles. I'm still trying to nail the dunkelgelb camos as the infantry is late war, so the tanks have to be aswell.

I will keep posting updates and will not stop till I "nail" it.
Ace of Spades
Lieutenant Colonel

« Reply #49 on: 07 February 2020, 10:02:40 AM »

I may have missed a few messages but has anybody recommended the 'Panzercolours' series (1 - 3) yet?
They're a very good start with good drawings and examples plus backgrounds on camouflage, markings etc. For the brown in the camouflage schemes I would use something with a little more red in it.
Late war vehicles ('45) often had the painting of camouflage reversed; the tanks would be in dark red/brown primer and the dunkelgelb and (by that stage) olive green would be painted over it leaving the red/brown untouched where needed.
Your infantry looks stunning! The shading on them works really well and is something you should look for in your vehicles too I'd say. Now the heavily drybrushed vehicles won't mix in too good with the figures I guess... Your first batch followed the shading of the vehicles more closely I feel. Adjusting the pattern and perhaps the colours would have done the trick I'd say.

Well; there you have it... another opinion to get you distracted. Sorry 'bout that...

Cheers,
Rob

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: