Started by Noktu, 12 January 2020, 09:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T13A

Really, really nice!  :'(

Cheers Paul
T13A Out!

fred.

Good work, very crisp!

But that painting station is far too clean...
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Adamwest

Noktu

Thank you gentlemen, I'm honoured that you feel those turned out alright!

Quote from: hammurabi70 on 27 June 2020, 04:27:16 PM
Looking great, as ever; what colour have you used on the vehicles?

I've used Vallejo Model Color - 70.889 USA Olive Drab. Blended with Army Painter - Matt White for a couple of times to bring lighter layers.

Quote from: fred. on 27 June 2020, 07:15:54 PM
But that painting station is far too clean...

Illuminati Confirmed? (:

Techno

Alright ?  :o :o :o

Bloomin' heck, Atte......Those are a bit better than 'alright'.

I'm very jealous of your skill.....and I know that that there are a load of our friends, on the forum who feel just the same.
You keep them coming !....Love seeing your work.  :-bd

Cheers - Phil :)

hammurabi70

Quote from: Noktu on 28 June 2020, 08:34:33 AM
Thank you gentlemen, I'm honoured that you feel those turned out alright!

I've used Vallejo Model Color - 70.889 USA Olive Drab. Blended with Army Painter - Matt White for a couple of times to bring lighter layers.

Illuminati Confirmed? (:

Does that mean doing a couple of washes with a slight thinning of white or am I misunderstanding something?

Noktu

Quote from: Techno on 28 June 2020, 12:36:38 PM
Alright ?  :o :o :o

Bloomin' heck, Atte......Those are a bit better than 'alright'.

I'm very jealous of your skill.....and I know that that there are a load of our friends, on the forum who feel just the same.
You keep them coming !....Love seeing your work.  :-bd

Cheers - Phil :)

Thank you Phil! It certainly feels very motivating and encouraging when you guys take the time to come over and drop your thoughts!

Quote from: hammurabi70 on 29 June 2020, 12:00:24 AM
Does that mean doing a couple of washes with a slight thinning of white or am I misunderstanding something?

First I've basepainted the models with Olive Drab

Then 1/8 white - olive drab mix ( going over the whole model except the very recesses )

Wash the whole model with Army Painter - Soft Tone

1/8 white - olive drab highlight ( going over almost everything except recesses )

2/8 white - olive drab highlight again, bringing the colour on the more surfaced areas ( slightly damped down with water to make it blend more )

3/8 white - olive drab highlight, on the more pronounced areas. ( also made slightly more runny with water )

Army Painter - Strong Tone on all the recessed areas to make them pop out even more

I have to admit I dont remember the exact white to olive drab ratio. Next time I paint a sherman, I'll take pictures of all the phases and drop them here.

hammurabi70

Quote from: Noktu on 29 June 2020, 03:17:23 AM

First I've basepainted the models with Olive Drab

Then 1/8 white - olive drab mix ( going over the whole model except the very recesses )

Wash the whole model with Army Painter - Soft Tone

1/8 white - olive drab highlight ( going over almost everything except recesses )

2/8 white - olive drab highlight again, bringing the colour on the more surfaced areas ( slightly damped down with water to make it blend more )

3/8 white - olive drab highlight, on the more pronounced areas. ( also made slightly more runny with water )

Army Painter - Strong Tone on all the recessed areas to make them pop out even more

I have to admit I dont remember the exact white to olive drab ratio. Next time I paint a sherman, I'll take pictures of all the phases and drop them here.

Very helpful. I am working out now what to do with my US Korean War tanks.

Noktu

Wanted to show you guys some of my WW2 buildings from battlescale.

Do the "red" tiles look okay? Or should I improve them somehow. Does it look too bland?

2 by Atte, on Flickr

1 by Atte, on Flickr

5 by Atte, on Flickr

4 by Atte, on Flickr

3 by Atte, on Flickr

Glorfindel

That looks superb.   No worries about the tiles - they are fine.

I really like the small piles of rubble as well.   Where do you
get these if you don't mind me asking ?

Phil

mmcv

That all looks great, the red tiles provide a nice contrast to the darker roof on the other buildings, lovely work.

Leon

That looks fantastic, really nice!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Noktu

Thank you gentlemen! Glad you feel like the tiles turned out alright.

Quote from: Glorfindel on 17 September 2020, 04:01:57 PM
 Where do you get these if you don't mind me asking ?

I've ordered them all from https://battlescale.com/

Steve J

Cracking job on those Noktu and the Battlescale stuff is really rather nice 8).