Noktus WW2

Started by Noktu, 12 January 2020, 09:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noktu

23 May 2020, 11:23:39 AM #105 Last Edit: 23 May 2020, 11:25:15 AM by Noktu
Thank you Phil!

Anyone else notice but the balkenkreuzes in the Heavy Panzer decal set seem to be misaligned...?

Clearly visible on Tiger 2 here.

Ithoriel

Hadn't noticed until you pointed it out :)

It is very slightly out of kilter but to be honest it's still so much better than I could do freehand that I wouldn't care.

.... and those tanks still look brilliant!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

fred.

Very nice work Atte! A great looking collecting of heavy metal!

Can't say I'd noticed any issues with the crosses - but it is a fairly small photo.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Sunray

Quote from: Noktu on 23 May 2020, 10:22:27 AM
Thank you fellas,

I suppose the reasoning for basing these was that my friends who'll end up playing with them, will not smear their sticky finger grease all over the models.

The British Government have issued a memo that wargamers must wash hands after every move, and dice, vehicles and figures sprayed with disinfectant.
Indeed they recommend that we invest in long range guns and fight our battles at the correct social distance.

So get your orders in for trenches, bunkers and Big Bertha style 16" railway guns. (anything over 2 meters tabletop range.)

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Is Graham joking, or isn't he.

And beware f you get a phone call from me, I'm on a govt contract for track and trace  :d
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

hammurabi70

Quote from: Sunray on 23 May 2020, 10:20:35 AM
10mm is the smallest scale that there is a debate if the vehicles can free stand.

Pros -  It looks SO much better.
       -   your AFVs can go places where a wider base would prevent them -  bridges, narrow streets  Or - on a landing craft.  You don't have to make your streets as wide as a four lane motorway to accommodate a jeep.   I hate to see tanks parked on rooftops or replaced by "counters".

Cons -  unless you base infantry on thinner plastic- they tower beside the vehicles.
        -  rules: In some rules you measure to the base.  Its a hit.  Freestanding you could argue the hit was against a track guard etc. The rule needs to be sorted prior to the dice roll.

There is no correct  answer here. Do you write with your left or right hand?  Do what works for you and your game ! Noktu has gone with bases.  He paints very well and will inspire many with his eye candy.   +1 Noktu!

I should have thought it a debate for 6mm but perhaps not with 3mm.  Many thanks for a very helpful summary. 

It is always helpful to get the perspective of others when considering such matters; as with cutting string the right length, there may be more than one use to consider.

Quote from: Noktu on 23 May 2020, 10:22:27 AM
Thank you fellas,

I suppose the reasoning for basing these was that my friends who'll end up playing with them, will not smear their sticky finger grease all over the models.

A very good point, well worth thinking about providing they do use the base and not the model.  I have not had free standing tanks since my Airfix teenage years.

bigjackmac

I recently ran through this exact dilemma.  Your troops and vehicles look fantastic!

V/R,
Jack

Noktu

Got some amerikaners finished today, let me know what you think!

4 by Atte, on Flickr

3 by Atte, on Flickr

2 by Atte, on Flickr

1 by Atte, on Flickr

Also hope you guys are doing okay, it has been 30 degrees plus celsius here for the past week. The snowmen are melting.

Steve J

Fanstastic!!! 8). Been hot here as well, but only for a few days. Still trying to sleep in 30 degree heat somehwat challenging...

hammurabi70

Quote from: Noktu on 27 June 2020, 03:51:57 PM
Got some amerikaners finished today, let me know what you think!

Looking great, as ever; what colour have you used on the vehicles?

Techno

Awesome, Atte........I hate you....  ;D ;D  ;)
Those look superb.

Cheers - Phil

Ithoriel

Wot they said!

Fantastic, great, awesome, superb .... and I hate you! :D

Seriously, an excellent job on those. I am well jealous!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I think they look brilliant.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

monkeynut

mmcv