Noktus WW2

Started by Noktu, 12 January 2020, 09:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hammurabi70

Quote from: Noktu on 25 February 2020, 10:48:33 PM
Thank you everyone!

I've used 20mm for single miniature.
30mm for 3 infantry.
And Tank bases I've picked according to the track sizes. Think the stug here is on a 40mm base.

Ah! Variable sizes; an interesting trick.

Quote from: FierceKitty on 26 February 2020, 03:16:13 AM
Good ones. It really sets the cats apart from the kittens, taking an intrinsically dull subject like WWII and painting it so it looks good; that takes real brushwork. Anyone can make hoplites or grenadiers look smart.

A bit like painting still-life, really. You've got to be good  to make a saucepan worth looking at....

My concern with moving into 10mm is that it is big enough to have to paint well.  Normally my beloved 6mm can be done on a more minimalist level!

paulr

Hoi - from someone about to paint a lot of Hoplites ;)

Actually I agree with you, the plainer troop types are harder to make look good and these look very good indeed
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

FierceKitty

Quote from: hammurabi70 on 26 February 2020, 07:54:59 AM

My concern with moving into 10mm is that it is big enough to have to paint well.  Normally my beloved 6mm can be done on a more minimalist level!

Mmm, that's why I sold off my own 6mm, after many years of faithful service. I still feel a bit of a deserter.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

FierceKitty

Quote from: paulr on 26 February 2020, 08:02:21 AM
Hoi - from someone about to paint a lot of Hoplites ;)

They do look the bee's knees and the cat's pajamas when they're painted properly.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Noktu

Thank you for your kind words.

Today I decided to try a new camouflage scheme on the panzers which I think worked pretty alright for me! A camouflage that is on par with the quality I've got on the infantry pieces.

37 by Atte, on Flickr

36 by Atte, on Flickr

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Seriously, beautiful, for a tank.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

You've done a great job on that tank and no mistake 8).

mmcv

That really looks great!

Techno

What they all said !  :-bd

Cheers - Phil

Noktu

Glad to hear it finally paid off!

I almost screwed up totally though, I tried to paint the balkenkreuz on the model but decided it did not turn the way I wanted it though. So Proceeded to clean it off gently with my girlfriends nail polish. Ended up rubbing the paint off to the metal surface. So I spent a good while painting those sides to match the rest of the model... PHEW!!!

SO THEREFORE, I've just placed an order for a large bunch of decals. And I'll be leaving the artistic freehand painting to the past. Let me know how you feel about the Stug IV and Panzer III paint job, is the camo job decent now?

Also, got some more germans done, aswell as a couple of more tanks. I'll be redoing the tank shots for you guys when I've applied the decals. (The PzIV and Stug3 I initially showed in this thread, will be joining the destroyed tank battalion scenery on the field!)

Note: I've added a sniper rifle scope on the sniper model.

40 by Atte, on Flickr

39 by Atte, on Flickr

38 by Atte, on Flickr

41 by Atte, on Flickr

42 by Atte, on Flickr

43 by Atte, on Flickr

Techno

You're just showing off, Atte ! ;)

Those are superb !

TOP job, that man.  :-bd =D> :-bd

Cheers - Phil

Westmarcher

It's all looking good to me.  :-bd

... scope ... I've trouble seeing the rifle! .....  :D
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Matt J

2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner