Noktus WW2

Started by Noktu, 12 January 2020, 09:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

They're just awful.  ;)  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

They look brilliant, Atte.....Spot on !...I really DO like your painting style !...Keep them coming !

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fred.

These are really good, great painting and basing.

That officer figure is an interesting pose...
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd =D>

Quote from: fred. on 16 May 2020, 07:46:22 PM
That officer figure is an interesting pose...

He didn't get the memo about never saluting in the field ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Noktu

hammurabi70

Quote from: Techno on 16 May 2020, 05:31:41 PM
They're just awful.  ;)  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

They would never be seen on my battle table!  :D  @-)

[ 'Cos I'm such a lousy painter that I cannot manage better than poor wargaming standard.   ;D  #-o   Getting to grips with 10mm is a major challenge - but one I am enjoying.   :o   :-/ ]

Duke Speedy of Leighton

10mm painting,
Base colour, ink wash, highlight. Use a shade lighter than other scales.
Remember the rule of cool, when it looks cool, stop.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Ithoriel

Those look good, as ever, Noktu.

Also, I'm sure those officers are just stopping their hats blowing off :D
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Noktu

Thank you guys for the cheerful comments!

However, is the splittertarnmuster camouflage on the wehrmacht troops too bright? And I have no idea did they still use the brighter version in WW2, or was everything issued already the darker Fallschirmjäger splittertarnmuster version.

Versio 1 Reichswehr - Wehrmacht

Versio 2 , Luftwaffe

Noktu

Just managed to add all the decals. Now waiting for them to dry to brush on the varnish.

Also, the tiger 1 in the middle. Is the panzegrau tiger that I had to repaint due to the public outrage.

panzerwaffe by Atte, on Flickr

Duke Speedy of Leighton

hammurabi70

As impressive as ever.  Any particular reason for putting them on bases? The use of bases for tanks seems currently a topic for review.

Sunray

10mm is the smallest scale that there is a debate if the vehicles can free stand.

Pros -  It looks SO much better.
       -   your AFVs can go places where a wider base would prevent them -  bridges, narrow streets  Or - on a landing craft.  You don't have to make your streets as wide as a four lane motorway to accommodate a jeep.   I hate to see tanks parked on rooftops or replaced by "counters".

Cons -  unless you base infantry on thinner plastic- they tower beside the vehicles.
        -  rules: In some rules you measure to the base.  Its a hit.  Freestanding you could argue the hit was against a track guard etc. The rule needs to be sorted prior to the dice roll.

There is no correct  answer here. Do you write with your left or right hand?  Do what works for you and your game ! Noktu has gone with bases.  He paints very well and will inspire many with his eye candy.   +1 Noktu!

Noktu

Thank you fellas,

I suppose the reasoning for basing these was that my friends who'll end up playing with them, will not smear their sticky finger grease all over the models.

Techno

Awesome work, Atte !.....Wonderful painting. :-bd

You let other people actually touch these !!  :o :o :o

Cheers - Phil :)