2020 Deaths.

Started by Techno, 11 January 2020, 07:24:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fsn

Never!   :o

Poor old Ray.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno II

Just seen that. :(

Damn good keeper.

72 ? ...From what I've just read....He appears to have held advanced prostate cancer at bay for a good few years.

A great shame.

Phil.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: Techno II on 15 November 2020, 04:03:34 PM

He appears to have held advanced prostate cancer at bay for a good few years.

That one is very nasty....
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Steve J

Such sad news :'( :'( :'(. He did well to live so long with advanced prostate cancer.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

James, then more properly Jan Morris, one of the best travel writers.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-55021555
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

I've never read any of his/her books, but have heard they are very good. A sad loss once again.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

petercooman

25 November 2020, 04:47:00 PM #457 Last Edit: 25 November 2020, 04:49:21 PM by petercooman
Diego Maradona, aged 60.

Great player, bad choices in life. Hope he finds his peace now!

Steve J

Incredibly talented player who went off the rails :(.

Techno II

Quote from: Steve J on 25 November 2020, 09:03:35 PM
Incredibly talented player who went off the rails :(.

Agreed.  :(

Cheers - Phil.

Techno II

Awwwww....Dave Prowse.  :(

Really ironic. I was watching Jabberwocky yesterday afternoon, and pulled up the cast list.
I was going through them. thinking, he's gone....he's gone...he's gone...and then came across a more recent pic of Dave Prowse....Good for him, he's still going, then !

CLANG !  :( :-[

May the force be with you, Dave.

Cheers - Phil

Steve J

The Green Cross Code Man was my first memory of him, which made his becoming Darth Vader seem a bit weird. A good innings for sure.

Raider4

Quote from: Steve J on 29 November 2020, 07:24:36 AM
The Green Cross Code Man was my first memory of him, which made his becoming Darth Vader seem a bit weird. A good innings for sure.

I believe he thought Lucas was going to use his voice for Darth Vader. Shame really, Darth Vader speaking broad Brizzle would have been . . . different.

Steve J

29 November 2020, 09:46:51 AM #463 Last Edit: 29 November 2020, 09:49:31 AM by Steve J
They played a clip of him speaking as Darth Vader this morning on the BBC news and well, his voice was really too high a pitch to convery menance, which was a shame. Having Darth Vader say:

"Cheers drive" or "Alreet me babber" on the Death Star would have been hilarious :D

Kiwidave

I think it'd be gert lush hearing Vader say to Luke "I bis yur pua, I is, mind"  ;D