Price Increase - 1st February

Started by Leon, 09 January 2020, 11:48:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

There will be a small price increase coming on 1st February, affecting the bulk of our infantry, cavalry and artillery packs, taking them from £5.25 to £5.50 per pack.  This adds a little less than 1p to an infantry figure, and just under 2p to a cavalry figure.  There will not be any price changes to our vehicles, WWII-onwards artillery packs, or our flagsheets.  Pricing on custom orders will also remain at the same rate of 20p per foot / 40p per mounted as well.

There will also be a small increase on the Vallejo paints, from £2.30 > £2.35 per 18ml pot.

We only put our prices up when it's a necessary change and this time is no different.  Whilst the metal prices have stabilised over the past year or two, other areas like shipping costs and utility bills have continued to increase by a few % each year.  There's also a 6% increase coming on the minimum wage this April so we'll need to make sure that all of our staff get a pay rise (we've got a great bunch of employees and already pay above the minimum, but we want to keep ahead of the curve).

As a rough guide, the price increase is a little under 5% and will look like this:

Regular 30 foot / 15 cav / 3 gun + crew packs = £5.25 --> £5.50
WWII-onwards 10-man foot packs = £1.75 --> £1.85
Army packs = £33.00 --> £34.00

These changes keep us around the middle of the pricing range for 10mm in the current market, there's a few higher than us and a few lower.  We'll be continuing to plough somewhere close to £10k per year into new product ranges, as well as adding more pro-painted photos to our website and continuing to bring the order turnaround times down further (we're currently at around 5 days on average).  Combined with our extensive catalogue and customer service, we hope that you still find us value for money and keep supporting us!

So there's 3 weeks before the increase, make sure to get your orders in before Feb 1st!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

paulr

Quote from: Leon on 09 January 2020, 11:48:24 PM
There's also a 6% increase coming on the minimum wage this April so we'll need to make sure that all of our staff get a pay rise (we've got a great bunch of employees and already pay above the minimum, but we want to keep ahead of the curve).

Now there is a good employer :-bd

Combined with our extensive vast catalogue and exceptional customer service, we hope that you still find us value for money and keep supporting us!

FTFY, absolutely value for money and I will keep supporting Pendraken :-bd :-bd

So there's 3 weeks before the increase, make sure to get your orders in before Feb 1st!

Most companies would give a few days warning, if that. Well done again Pendraken :-bd :-bd :-bd
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Sunray

Quote from: paulr on 10 January 2020, 12:24:41 AM
Now there is a good employer :-bd

FTFY, absolutely value for money and I will keep supporting Pendraken :-bd :-bd

Most companies would give a few days warning, if that. Well done again Pendraken :-bd :-bd :-bd

"+ 1 " as we say on the Forum :)

Steve J

Another +1 from me. There are other manufacturers, but it's Pendraken all the way for me :).

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Orcs

Fine by me. You should all be getting a fair wage that keeps up with costs
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

fsn

Well I dunno. This may force me to throw away 6 years of my life and start again with a certain manufacturer - I can put up with a few pin heads, prosthetic limbs and truncated weaponry.

Oh wait. No I can't.

Sadly, the thing that excites me about this is that I get to make an amendment to my spreadsheet .... to recalculate my planned spending.

I have to agree with Steve J, Pendraken all the way
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

FierceKitty

Yep. I use other 10mm makers as supplements, but Pendraken's the real thing.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Raider4

Ahh, bother. I was going to wait on getting me early war Germans until I'd finished the Brits, as a sort of incentive to myself.

Now . . . the heart says "buy them now, before the price increase!", the head says "you'll never finish even the Brits, why wasteinvest even more money in something you'll never use . . .".

What to do, what to do?

Techno

Resistance is futile. ;)

Cheers - Phil  :)

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

paulr

Quote from: Raider4 on 12 January 2020, 11:33:26 AM
Ahh, bother. I was going to wait on getting me early war Germans until I'd finished the Brits, as a sort of incentive to myself.

Now . . . the heart says "buy them now, before the price increase!", the head says "you'll never finish even the Brits, why wasteinvest even more money in something you'll never use . . .".

What to do, what to do?

But if you invest before the price increase, you'll be investing less extra money :d
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Sandyfalkirk

How do I find out the cost of custom orders again?

For example, I generally have 32 man btns or 24 unit cavalry.

So for 24 Cav inc a command pack, what does that cost?

Leon

Quote from: Sandyfalkirk on 07 April 2020, 08:37:25 AM
How do I find out the cost of custom orders again?

For example, I generally have 32 man btns or 24 unit cavalry.

So for 24 Cav inc a command pack, what does that cost?

Custom orders are still the same as previously, so they'd be 20p per foot and 40p per cavalry figure.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!