2020 Show Dates!

Started by Leon, 05 January 2020, 01:11:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orcs

Quote from: paulr on 03 June 2020, 06:26:34 AM
The fact you rang rather than just turned up with it probably helps ;)

Mrs Orcs says, "Better to beg for forgiveness rather than ask permission"
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Leon

Another update tonight with Colours cancelled as well.  I'm not sure if we'll get Border Reiver either as it's held in a sports stadium and it's unlikely that venues like that will be open to the public by then.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Techno

Shame......But I suppose, better safe than sorry. :(

Cheers - Phil

mollinary

Quote from: Leon on 09 June 2020, 02:26:12 AM
Another update tonight with Colours cancelled as well.  I'm not sure if we'll get Border Reiver either as it's held in a sports stadium and it's unlikely that venues like that will be open to the public by then.

Really sorry to hear that, one of my favourite shows n one of my favourite venues.
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: Leon on 09 June 2020, 02:26:12 AM

:'(

Going to miss Newbury and catching up with Everyone  :(

Fingers crossed for Warfare at Ascot, but I very much doubt it will happen  :Ph
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

You can go - but would have to self isolate afterwards for 14 days  ;)
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leon

Quote from: O Dinas Powys on 09 June 2020, 03:28:31 PM
Fingers crossed for Warfare at Ascot, but I very much doubt it will happen  :Ph

We've not heard anything from Warfare since the start of the year so I'm not sure where we are with that.  There were some teething problems with the space allocation in the new venue so I think they were having a meeting to discuss options.  I'll see if any of the other traders have heard anything about it.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

toxicpixie

I feel for the Wargamer crew in B'ham. They had to skip a year due to venue issues, found a nice venue last December, got decent numbers and now... probably no chance even in six months :(
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Last Hussar

Worse - Haddenham Summer Beer festival is off.
I have neither the time or the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

iw07596

What if any are the chances of Battleground occurring in November ?

Leon

Quote from: iw07596 on 12 June 2020, 07:04:23 PM
What if any are the chances of Battleground occurring in November ?

Currently there's no plans to cancel the event, but we're obviously keeping an eye on things to see what the advice/guidelines tells us.  If public events are still banned at that point then we'll have to cancel, but if we're allowed to go ahead then we'll be trying to run the show as best we can.

If it does go ahead we might have make some adjustments to how the show is run and laid out.  This could be socially distanced traders, queueing systems outside/inside, PPE and sanitiser on entry and placed around the hall, etc.  It's difficult at this point to say what's going to happen unfortunately.  We'll be keeping an eye on the other events at that time of year (Fiasco, Partizan, Warfare) to see what they do and how they adapt to the Covid situation.

Leon

We've had another couple of updates this week with both Border Reiver and Warfare now cancelled for this year.

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: Leon on 08 August 2020, 11:21:47 PM
We've had another couple of updates this week with both Border Reiver and Warfare now cancelled for this year.

Unsurprising, but still. :'(
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

There is a long post on the FoG-Am facebook group - may well be from the organisers
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021