2020 Show Dates!

Started by Leon, 05 January 2020, 01:11:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulr

Quote from: Orcs on 01 May 2020, 11:05:57 PM
Where's your sense of priorities   ;)

My eldest was born on a Friday, on the Saturday I went to a Society of Ancients day at the Tower of London all about Ancient China. Then visited the then wife and new daughter in the evening.

I've underlined what looks to be a key phrase in the above ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Orcs

Quote from: paulr on 02 May 2020, 01:30:36 AM
I've underlined what looks to be a key phrase in the above ;)

I was married for another 13 years after that. She said she didn't want me coming in on the Saturday as she was exhausted.

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

toxicpixie

I only got away the night before and then night before that as the midwifes ordered t'other to let me go home. Otherwise she'd have had me in 24/7 so she could panic at me all round the clock instead of sleeping!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Leon

Just a quick update, there's a post on the SESWC Facebook page confirming that Claymore has been cancelled now so that's everything until September gone.  We've not had an update from Colours or Border Reiver yet but we'll let everyone know as soon as we hear anything.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Orcs

That's a shame, but to be expected. I guess the later you leave cancelling, the more costs you have to cover.

Not sure if any shows will go ahead as I am not sure the likely attendance will make them viable

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

fred.

That makes me sad. Not that I had any plans to go to that show. But just the period of time with no wargames shows.

I know its for the best, and all things considered is pretty trivial.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Last Hussar

If I go to shows Sunjester shows me things "I could use"

My bank manager doesn't like him.
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Leon

It's definitely going to be weird not seeing anyone for such a long length of time.  I don't think the September shows will be able to run either, the restrictions on large gatherings will be in place for some time yet.  Fiasco in October might be the first one back.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

jimduncanuk

Quote from: Leon on 02 June 2020, 11:30:04 PM
It's definitely going to be weird not seeing anyone for such a long length of time.  I don't think the September shows will be able to run either, the restrictions on large gatherings will be in place for some time yet.  Fiasco in October might be the first one back.

There's SKELP and TARGE, both in Fife, in October and November, both small shows but maybe viable.

I doubt I'll be allowed to attend though as I'm currently being shielded as I'm an old guy with underlying health problems.

From my point of view it may be Carronade in May 2021 when I might be able (allowed) to go to a show.
My Ego forbids a signature.

hammurabi70

Quote from: Orcs on 02 June 2020, 10:07:15 PM
That's a shame, but to be expected. I guess the later you leave cancelling, the more costs you have to cover.

Not sure if any shows will go ahead as I am not sure the likely attendance will make them viable

Yes, difficult to know how many people will happily travel and congregate for shows this side of Christmas.  All my events up to the end of September have now either been cancelled or replaced by internet meetings as people are reluctant to travel in the current circumstances.  The good news is that there are signs that club premises might open up in July or August.; it would be a start. 

Orcs

Quote from: Last Hussar on 02 June 2020, 10:52:32 PM
If I go to shows Sunjester shows me things "I could use"

My bank manager doesn't like him.

I thought you showed him the Venice buildings the "he could use" at the last show you went to.  So perhaps his bank manager does not like you?

sunjester

Quote from: Orcs on 03 June 2020, 12:24:06 AM
I thought you showed him the Venice buildings the "he could use" at the last show you went to.  So perhaps his bank manager does not like you?

No, I had been eyeing up the Streets of Venice set online for ages. I dragged LR over to TTCombat to have a look, then pointed out the nearby set which would make a brilliant Evil Genius' lair.

I then rang home and said "You know that Venice set I keep drooling over, it's a third off at the show!".
The only response was "You had better buy it then!".
That why I am still with the same woman after 36 years!

paulr

The fact you rang rather than just turned up with it probably helps ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

mollinary

Quote from: sunjester on 03 June 2020, 06:24:41 AM
No, I had been eyeing up the Streets of Venice set online for ages. I dragged LR over to TTCombat to have a look, then pointed out the nearby set which would make a brilliant Evil Genius' lair.

I then rang home and said "You know that Venice set I keep drooling over, it's a third off at the show!".
The only response was "You had better buy it then!".
That why I am still with the same woman after 36 years!

Streets of Venice set?  What was it, a glass of water?  :o :o
:o
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!