Napoleonic Russians matching the 1809 stuff?

Started by Norm, 03 January 2020, 01:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norm

Hi, If I had 1809 French / Austrian armies, would the Russian 1812 figures match in terms of look / bulk / size etc?

Steve J

I imagine it depends upon whether they are wearing a greatcoat, winter clothing etc. Hopefully not as it would make them more useful for other periods.

Zippee

Haven't seen the 1812 Russians unfortunately but others have said that the 1812 Moscow range is similar in style and heft to the 1809 range - not sure what to make of that as it's a very personal opiion.

Bigger problem is that I assume the 1812 range is in the later period uniform (regardless of questions over issue date, etc) which means they would be quite distinctly wrong in terms of headgear.

Unless anyone has some pictures your best bet would be to ask Leon for some samples and then check teh uniform style and decide if that's an issue for you

Leon

They're very similar in style and size so should be fine to be mixed. The 1812 ranges are generally one pose per pack though, so you get a little less variety.  We can pop you some samples though, no worries there.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

paulr

Good to see you are back on deck Leon, I hope you are feeling better
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

Quote from: paulr on 05 January 2020, 12:16:14 AM
Good to see you are back on deck Leon, I hope you are feeling better

Getting there, just in time to go back to work on Monday!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Norm

Thanks Leon, I am at the start of a longer Napoleonic project (French and Austrian first), but just wanted to know that the project could take in the Russians when the time is right. I am fine with single poses for my napoleonic formations.

Techno

Quote from: Leon on 05 January 2020, 12:16:40 AM
Getting there, just in time to go back to work on Monday!

Get well really soon, Leon !!

Cheers - Phil

mollinary

Isn't the basic question whether they are wearing the kiver or the old shako?
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Chad

Also shako cords were introduced in 1809, so that is another variable

Zippee

That's a irritating wrinkle for sure, I'm not sure whether anyone would want to manufacture a range in old shako and cords which, whilst probably more accurate for 1812, would certainly fight upstream against the usual 'kiwer for 1812-14' and 'busch plume for 1805-07' split.

I for one would be happy to use - 05-07 style uniforms for 09 (i'd rather turn a blind eye to the lack of cords later than their presence earlier)