A slow march to Harlaw

Started by d_Guy, 03 January 2020, 12:40:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

Looking good already, Bill.  :-bd

Cheers - Phil.

toxicpixie

They look cracking, Bill - looking forward to seeing them completed!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

d_Guy

The army of the Lord of the Isles (1411) is now based up:
Donald MacDonald of Islay, Lord of the Isles, and his Islemen in the center, Ardnamurchan to the left, Duneyveg and the Glens to the right. The Clan Cameron close behind:

Malcolm Mackintosh (the white banner), commanding the right and the array of the Chattan Confederation:

Red Hector MacLean (the white tower banner), commanding the left and supported by the McLeods (carrying the Fairy Flag):

Immediately contesting the MacDonald invasion of Ross, the MacKays met them in battle a Dingwall.
Angus MacKay in the center, his brother Rory to the left and Hugh Monro to the right:

The presence of the Monros is not confirmed (one source having them with the MacDonalds at Harlaw) but their blood rivals, the MacLeods, were with Lord Donald and that likely decided the issue.
Sleep with clean hands ...

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

Wonderful looking units Bill and love the huge variety of flags/banners 8).

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

They look cracking, Bill !  :-bd =D> :-bd

Cheers - Phil

Westmarcher

Looking good! Impressed by your recreation of the roll of Clans and their standards, also.  :-bd
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

toxicpixie

Brilliant! Love the yellows, they really make the army pop. Bet they're a bit "ol'reekie", not that being compared to Lowlanders would make them happy :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Ithoriel

Quote from: toxicpixie on 10 January 2020, 10:47:34 AM
Brilliant! Love the yellows, they really make the army pop. Bet they're a bit "ol'reekie", not that being compared to Lowlanders would make them happy :D

"Auld Reekie" - Old Smokey

"Lang may yer lum reek" - Long may your chimney smoke

What are you suggesting about highlanders??? That they are kippered? :)

Quote from: d_Guy on 04 January 2020, 05:20:24 PM
(not that my painting can do the sculpts justice)

The evidence here would contradict that statement, Bill!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

fred.

Quote from: Steve J on 10 January 2020, 06:23:20 AM
Wonderful looking units Bill and love the huge variety of flags/banners 8).

+1 to that!

Great to see some of the new sculpts painted up. I've got a few in progress at the minute.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

d_Guy

Thanks one and all!

Quote from: fred. on 10 January 2020, 03:20:51 PM

Great to see some of the new sculpts painted up. I've got a few in progress at the minute.

I have admired your Irish army for a couple years now. Obviously the new sculpts will make a great addition to it.
Sleep with clean hands ...

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021