A slow march to Harlaw

Started by d_Guy, 03 January 2020, 12:40:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_Guy

My wife has been quite ill this past Autumn causing her to ultimately spend a good portion of December in hospital. She is now home and slowly on the mend.
This has caused some alterations in our lifestyle and much less space available for gaming. I have slowly finished the Earl of Mar's 1411 army and finally got a post up on the blog.

https://inredcoatragsattired.com/2020/01/02/army-of-the-earl-of-mar-1411/

More pic are at the link above but here is one that give an over view look:

The Lord of the Isles army is in production  but will first need to fight MacKay's at Dingwall before meeting Mar at Harlaw

Sleep with clean hands ...

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Hope everything is sorted quickly.
Good post
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd

Good to hear your wife is out of hospital and on the mend. I hope she has a speedy recovery
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Steve J

Fingers crossed for you both and some great looking units.

Techno

Very nice work, Bill.  :-bd

Really hope 'the better half'  is improving by the day.

Very best wishes to you both.

Phil.

sunjester

I hope your wife has a speedy recovery.

Nice Scots army!

Westmarcher

Thinking we hadn't heard from you in a while, I dipped into your blog last night to see what you were up to, resolving to read your post today because it was so late. Sorry to read about your wife's health issues. Best wishes to you both for 2020.

p.s. looking forward to the next instalment of your Bloody Harlaw project but in your own time; nearest and dearest come first.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

d_Guy

Thanks all!

Looks like I'll be doing 3 X 3 boards most of the time. Do want to do a setup to play Pierre-th-Shy's excellent FK&P scenario for Alford when I can space freed for awhile.

Orcs

Wishing your wife a speedy and full recovery.

They are nice looking figures
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Norm

Bill, they look lovely. Hope you both get improved health as we move into a new year.

d_Guy

Thanks Orcs and Norm. To the side of the painting table are my new 6mm 1066 figures which will be placed on 20mm hex bases so I can play Norm's two board games with figures. Hope to have examples of each troop type by February. 6mm shields are about the size of Scottish bucklers so it's all good.  :)

d_Guy

Here is an example of Techno's sculpts which will make up part of the Lord of the Isles army at Harlaw. They are color-blocked but detailing has not started (not that my painting can do the sculpts justice)

And the nascent 1066 project in 6mm:

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Both sets starting to look good.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

d_Guy

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!