What was the last rules set you played 2020

Started by paulr, 01 January 2020, 08:51:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno II

NOOOOOO ! 

That would make them last even longer, Matthew. X_X
I'd be more than happy to feed some of the excess to the four labs.....but Von and I would get gassed out of Techno Towers.

Cheers - Phil  :)

Norm

1) What ruleset did you use in your last game? - Black Powder and Glory Hallelujah supplement
2) What armies were confronted? - Union v Confederate
3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset? - yes
4) and... was this the first time you used this ruleset? - No
5) How many players were in the game? - Solo
6) What went well? - This is a system designed around a big table with several brigades per side, I got it to work with just 7 units in total on a 4' x 3' and the systems worked fine.
7) What could have been improved? - nothing really, it all progressed as intended.

Steve J

1) What ruleset did you use in your last game? - Black Powder II and Glory Hallelujah supplement
2) What armies were confronted? - Red vs Blue
3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset? - yes
4) and... was this the first time you used this ruleset? - No
6) What went well? - Another OHW scenario, with the added bonus of my friends providing intial orders and deployment. I then simply implemented them to the best of my ability as the game unfolded.
7) What could have been improved? - The Blue sides artillery barely impacted on the game due to failed command rolls.

Steve J

1) What ruleset did you use in your last game? - Rebels & Patriots
2) What armies were confronted? - Red vs Blue
3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset? - Yes, but somewhat ring rusty
4) and... was this the first time you used this ruleset? - Not by a long way, having been one of the play testers
6) What went well? - For a simple and quick game, it all worked pretty well, once the rules came back to me.
7) What could have been improved? - The Red sides activation rolls led to Blue gaining the edge, plus some shocking morale tests by Red.

Last Hussar

Late entry for 2020:
5th Coalition using Blucher, me and Sunjester- about the 5th game we've played.

Once again it came down to my failure of pre-game manoeuvre ability. Where we thought we were going to fight on the map turned out not to be the place we actually fought. I then cocked up the reinforcement march, so ended up outnumbered.

How it started
20201228_115736[1] by Last Hussar, on Flickr

Didn't help when my cuirassier charge bounced off infantry not in square.
20201228_122318[1] by Last Hussar, on Flickr

How it went
20201228_141215[1] by Last Hussar, on Flickr
I have neither the time or the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Last Hussar

GNU PTerry

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Last Hussar

More games should have a 'Gneisenau' style pre game. Battles don't happen in a vacuum  - I prefer the manoeuvre into contact way to set up a game.  Odd thing is there is a post by me from 2015 (the year Blucher was published) on this very forum with a home made system that is very similar.

GNU PTerry

DaveH

Quote from: Last Hussar on 11 January 2021, 12:51:27 AM
More games should have a 'Gneisenau' style pre game. Battles don't happen in a vacuum  - I prefer the manoeuvre into contact way to set up a game.  Odd thing is there is a post by me from 2015 (the year Blucher was published) on this very forum with a home made system that is very similar.

That is something that I like about the Too Fat Lardies and Rules for the Common Man from Peter Pig is the mini-game as part of the pregame.