Started by paulr, 01 January 2020, 08:51:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve J

1) What ruleset do you use in your last game? - BKCII
2) What armies were confronted? - Fallschirmjager vs Somerset LDV, England 1940
3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset? - Very
4) and... was this the first time you used this ruleset? - No
5) How many players were in the game? - Solo
6) What went well? - Yet again the Fallschirmjager got going from the off and never let the LDV into the game.
7) What could have been improved? - The LDV command rolls.

FierceKitty

1) What ruleset do you use in your last game? - Ten More Sons!
2) What armies were confronted? - Cavaliers and Roundheads
3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset? - I do.
4) and... was this the first time you used this ruleset? - No.
5) How many players were in the game? - Two.
6) What went well? - Managed to win two of the three main cavalry scraps and took out enemy high command; a few well-timed volleys saved the Ironsides from a Royalist outflanking move.
7) What didn't? - The outclassed enemy foot outshot and outfought mine (partly thanks to Lee's intelligent handling of them, credit where it's due). Rupert's Lifeguard, outflanked and heavily outshot, held on far too long.
7 a) Result? - Draw.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Steve J

1) What ruleset do you use in your last game? - Never Mind the Billhooks
2) What armies were confronted? - York vs Lancaster
3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset? - Getting there...
6) What went well? - The mechanics flowed well and are becoming more familiar, with a real ebb and flow to the game. For another trial game it went as well as could be expected.
7) What could have been improved? - Still not sure how to handle skirmishers. Also skirmishers can't charge, not even each other, which I would have thought would have been OK.

Another game tomorrow, but this time with some terrain to spice things up.

mmcv

1) What ruleset do you use in your last game? - Shadow of the Eagles
2) What armies were confronted? - Reds vs Browns
3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset? - Not at first, but as the game progressed got into the swing of it.
4) and... was this the first time you used this ruleset? - Yes
6) What went well? - Trial game moved along briskly. Few points pondering over the rules but overall was able to suss out what needed done in most instances.
7) What could have been improved? - A bigger game would probably give a better taste of the rules, and I kept things fairly simple for this first outing. Hopefully down the line I can play again with a larger army to get a taste of the larger sweep.

Battle report and thoughts in time.

T13A

Hi

1) What ruleset do you use in your last game? - AWI variant of Regimental Fire and Fury
2) What armies were confronted? - British v Patriots
3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset? - Ish... very familiar with F&F just trying to remember the differences with the AWI variant (which actually work very well)
4) and... was this the first time you used this ruleset? - No, second.
5) How many players were in the game? - Two, first game with an opponent since March  :)
6) What went well? - Game looked great and played well.
7) What could have been improved? - We were too ambitious with too many troops on the table  :-[ Will try a slightly smaller game next time. That said enjoyed by both of us.

The British are coming!

Rebel militia.

Cheers Paul
T13A Out!

Westmarcher

Second all of that! Where did you get the flags?* And who won the game?   :-bd

* I'm currently painting some Pendraken AWI (which are turning out rather well, thanks to Clib's excellent sculpts) but ... Sssh! .... very disappointed with the quality of the Pendraken AWI flags.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

T13A

Hi

Thanks for the kind comments.

I'm afraid I was rather disappointed with the Pendraken AWI flags as well. Anyway the British flags I 'saved' from the Kronoskaf Seven Years War website:

http://www.kronoskaf.com/syw/index.php?title=British_Army#Line_Infantry

And then played about with them using MS Paint and then simply printed them off. Most of the American flags were downloaded from the  Warflag website:

http://www.warflag.com/flags/awi/awiameric.shtml

And again played about with them using MS Paint (including some of my own 'mottoes' and designs).

Hope that helps

Cheers Paul
T13A Out!

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Top work.
Vaubanner rescaled his for mine...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

1) What ruleset do you use in your last game? - BKCII with bits of BKCIV
2) What armies were confronted? - Fallschirmjager vs Somerset Light Infantry, England 1940
6) What went well? - The FJ had the better of the game, but took a bloody nice in achieving their objective. The Luftwaffe air support was effective.
7) What could have been improved? - The British had some good plans but couldn't quite execute them in time to really hurt the FJ.

Dave Fielder

I think the Warmington-on-Sea Home Guard would have added backbone. They have a number of special rules (1) Mainwaring Blunders but Wins: "All command rolls from Capt Mainwaring are assumed to be blunders, but the Germans eventually surrender when Pike tells them his name"; (2) The Germans are terrified when LCpl Jones fixes his over sized bayonet: "Paratroopers fear being impaled on the largest bayonet ever seen, they fail all command rolls when Jones fixes bayonet."
Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis

FierceKitty

1) What ruleset do you use in your last game? - Ten More Sons!
2) What armies were confronted? - Valois and Hapsburg
5) How many players were in the game? - Two
6) What went well? - I've upped the numbers of Swiss, and they look much more like the real thing now. An added Landsknecht regiment wasn't able to stop them, though I think Lee hasn't worked renaissance battles out yet. My artillery did better than usual, and actually broke a Spanish column.
7) What could have been improved? - The King led the Royal Squadron to annihilation as usual. :(
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.