What was, is or will be your first wargames purchase in 2011?

Started by Nosher, 03 January 2011, 06:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nosher

Mine was the FoG Renaissance Clash of Empires on pre-order so i can build a Polish Army with those lovely winged hussars in 10mm.

No doubt this will be followed by the minis from PD ;)
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

lentulus

Steve J

I'm ashamed to say that I'm not planning on buying anything for some time as I'm attempting to plough through my large lead pile due to on-going or soon to start campaigns at the club. However, I will need a few paints soon, so that probably counts.

Shecky

I bought Black Powder on Saturday at my FLGS and then bought 1870 this weekend online.

Eldamarelf

Mine will be a small amount of British infantry for a game later on this year our club intends to run an Arnem campaign over a weekend.

Tom H :d
aka Bilbo

Leon

Quote from: Steve J on 03 January 2011, 08:10:20 PM
However, I will need a few paints soon, so that probably counts.

Ah, this month's releases may be of interest....
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

15mm rennasssiance, and some Hussitte 10mm wagons.(Memo to self - avoid the pendraken rubbish - order tomorrow).

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

GordonY

Already bought, War of the Roses Yorkists from Pendraken, and a copy of Warmaster Medieval Armies from Evil-Bay.

Gordon

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

zaapark

chris

Pruneau

Bag of US airborne officers (not the strolling type) to add some variety, bag of every type except the rifle one of the US d-day airborne with the helm camo for more variety, two packs of US airborne casualty units - coz the one I got after crisis are regular US, and a few more US tanks (two each of M4A3E2(76), M10, M18) to complete my initial set up, 20 white 7 mm dice, 20 red, 20 yellow or green or orange, 20 black.

There, that's my first order for 2011, now just send me the paypal invoice ;D
Boardgames: MMP ACW, ASL ᴥ BKC & SSOM - WW2 (In development) ᴥ Flying Lead - Sci-Fi: Shocktroops, Pulp, Spugs ᴥ WH - Greenskins, Dwarfs

http://hiording.blogspot.com - http://runequestfun.blogspot.com - http://secondsquadonme.blogspot.com

ʎɐqə ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎəʞ ɐ ʎnq ı əɯıʇ ʇsɐl əɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

NTM

Bought the LOTR rule book yesterday as it was half price in Hobbycraft. That will probably be it until Cavalier in February as I seriously need to reduce the leadpile although painting supplies will always be an option.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Mine will be February and 10mm FPW - it will be all the artilley and limbers for the 1870 Wurttenburg Division, only 9 batteries (18 guns, of which I have 8) and they are described as 'half-horse' batteries , so limbers needed!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Chad

Probably BLB2 or the League of Augsburg range, whichever comes first.

Chad

Last Hussar

I bought 180 WSS infantry in the early hours of 30 Dec, thinking it was the early hours of 31st, thus payday.  They arrived today - does that count?

Otherwise either more WSS, Vietnam (both 10mm) or 20-30 20mm Late WW2 Germans.
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry