my painting challenge for 2020!

Started by petercooman, 31 December 2019, 01:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

petercooman

petercooman

Got the next  batch done, another detachment of tactical marines

also rebased the last of my space marine infantry

So adding 70,models, brings the total to 257 models painted!

the tally : about 6010models are painted and 2084 models are still waiting for love.

Now probably on to the tanks!

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Noktu

Space marines look nice! Only thing I might add to help visual clarity. Is to paint the spauldron outlines with a complementing colour, and maybe add a few yellow highlights on the armour.

petercooman

Quote from: Noktu on 22 February 2020, 10:33:22 AM
Space marines look nice! Only thing I might add to help visual clarity. Is to paint the spauldron outlines with a complementing colour, and maybe add a few yellow highlights on the armour.

In all honesty, i did a yellow highlight on the earlier ones, but i use an old citadel yellow and i'm running out, and i wanted to save paint for the tanks  ;D

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

petercooman

23 February 2020, 10:19:23 PM #52 Last Edit: 23 February 2020, 10:24:57 PM by petercooman
Quote from: mad lemmey on 23 February 2020, 08:09:17 PM
Those are fab

Thanks! have basecoated and washed all the tanks today, so should get them done in the next week. Should push me up to 311-312.

I have just a tiny bit of the yellow paint left over, that i might use for a drybrush on the vehicles, or save in case i ever get a second thunderhawk :D

petercooman

Problem solved, spotted a cheapish thunderhawk on ebay and snapped it up, completing my army.

Only thing missing now is an imperial titan or 2 but that can wait!

Techno

I've almost certainly got an unused box of the plastic b*ggers......Somewhere......I'll never find it. :(

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

petercooman

Quote from: Techno on 24 February 2020, 04:59:35 PM
I've almost certainly got an unused box of the plastic b*ggers......Somewhere......I'll never find it. :(

Cheers - Phil

The plastic titans? they were fun models!

Quote from: mad lemmey on 24 February 2020, 05:45:34 PM
I'd better get on with stuff...

No no, just keep slacking, i might take the lead for once, if only for a moment!  ;D

Ithoriel

I've a couple of the plastic Warlord titans painted as part of my Imperial "Sons of Thunder" Titan Legion and one more as a Chaos titan. Which means there should be three more in the house somewhere .... d***ed if I know where though! I got a pack of various metal upgrades for them in one of the GW sales, not sure here the unused ones of those are either. Doh!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

petercooman

Quote from: Ithoriel on 24 February 2020, 09:30:26 PM
I've a couple of the plastic Warlord titans painted as part of my Imperial "Sons of Thunder" Titan Legion and one more as a Chaos titan. Which means there should be three more in the house somewhere .... d***ed if I know where though! I got a pack of various metal upgrades for them in one of the GW sales, not sure here the unused ones of those are either. Doh!

Great looking force!

Got the inquisitor's rides done, one land raider and one rhino, had some rhinos spare , so thought i'd paint one up to hav some options.

So adding 2,models, brings the total to 259 models painted!

the tally : about 6012models are painted and 2082 models are still waiting for love.

Techno

Looking good, Peter !  :-bd

Cheers - Phil