BP50 Royal Naval Division?

Started by lentulus, 25 December 2019, 04:02:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lentulus

I am actually trying to assess these figures for Hungarian River Forces infantry from WWII.  Pictures would be a big hat, but failing that what's their headgear?

GrumpyOldMan

Picture of greens

Other options, WW1 East Africa German sailors,

Franco-Prussian French Sailors (suitably de-pompommed)

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan (thought I'd replied to this yesterday but the electrons must have leaked out)

lentulus

Dannyboy

I know it's a long shot, but would the's guys suffice for Polish naval Infantry in the September campaign of 39? IABSM suggests you need a platoon of them for one of the scenarios. I carn't find any pics so I'm guessing naval caps and greatcoats.

Cheers.

Jon

jimduncanuk

I'll maybe nick a few to provide some naval support for my FFL in the Sudan.
My Ego forbids a signature.

GrumpyOldMan

Quote from: Dannyboy on 30 April 2020, 07:35:29 PM
I know it's a long shot, but would the's guys suffice for Polish naval Infantry in the September campaign of 39? IABSM suggests you need a platoon of them for one of the scenarios. I carn't find any pics so I'm guessing naval caps and greatcoats.

Cheers.

Jon

Hello Jon

Here are some posts on it - http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/polish-armed-forces-second-republic-si-y-zbrojne-ii-rzeczypospolitej-polskiej-1918-1939/naval-rifle-regiments-14920/

You could use the WW1 German East Africa sailors for early war types

or WW1 Early British in greatcoats with the visor shaved off the cap:-

or just plain Polish troops with a paper square naval flap glued to the back of the jumper.

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

Dannyboy

Many thanks for that, yes the WW1 tommies may just have it, i'll add a few of the WW2 French firing rifle in greatcoat with adrian helmet to add further variety. Thanks the photo's are great. All I could find was a Del Prado toy soldier which looked looked spurious to say the least.

Cheers

Jon