FPW Commission

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 18 December 2019, 10:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

A few (!) bits I've painted for a commission for the Franco-Prussian War, basing is not my style, but matching some he already has.

French Limbers x 12

Prussian Limbers x 12

4th (French) Hussars

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

bibertybob

Techno

Great job on those, Will.  :-bd

Cheers - Phil

Shedman

sunjester

Morty

Steve J

Westmarcher

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

mollinary

Sorry to bring this up Lemmey, but aren't all the limber horse riders on the wrong side?
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I went with what was on the website...
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

mollinary

Quote from: mad lemmey on 19 December 2019, 06:41:15 PM
I went with what was on the website...

I see your problem! Curiously Kev has based the Prussians on the left side horses, and the French on the right! Maybe that explains why the French lost? My understanding was that the riders rode the left hand horses, to allow them to control the right hand horses with their right hands. Cameronian might be able to confirm or refute this!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Might have to file this under "Wish you had told me a week ago!"  :o X_X :-& :-t O:-) @-)

mollinary

Sorry about that! I only really focussed on this some years ago when I was having a large number of limbers and Caissons for the French, Prussians and Austrians done, and did not specify which side the riders should be. The subsequent rebasing has burned  this lesson onto my soul!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Oh well... next time I'll know.  8)

Ithoriel

Maybe the French made all of their left handers ride the limber horses :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data