Crusades battle

Started by FierceKitty, 15 December 2019, 07:37:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceKitty

A newbie is trying his hand at leading the Lioniheart's army to victory. Pix will follow.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

FierceKitty

16 December 2019, 01:16:54 AM #1 Last Edit: 16 December 2019, 01:19:03 AM by FierceKitty
Marks of an experienced Saladin and a beginner Richard: Frankish right flank wide open, and Templars seriously delayed crossing a ridge.

FierceKitty

16 December 2019, 01:17:21 AM #2 Last Edit: 16 December 2019, 01:28:40 AM by FierceKitty
Troop quality helped for a while. The Templars smashed the Salahiyyah mamluks, and the Hospitallers and their turcopoles made short work of the Qaraghulams.

FierceKitty

16 December 2019, 01:17:45 AM #3 Last Edit: 16 December 2019, 01:30:11 AM by FierceKitty
But lack of support for the attacks of the Military Orders meant they paid the bill on the following round, and the crusader knights were also nutcrackered. Note the extreme Frankish left: pilgrims and the Christian camp were taken out too.

After-battle photograph: Brian the Lionheart putting a brave face on it. Your historian to his right, scowling at the camera. Lee (Saladin) taking the photograph.

Techno

Nice one, Alexander.  :)

Cheers - Phil

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd

Good to see another convert :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!