Decision at Derby - a Brexite Campaign AAR

Started by Steve J, 12 December 2019, 11:55:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve J

The deciding game of our Brexite campaign was played a couple of days ago and the AAR can be found on my Blog:

https://wwiiwargaming.blogspot.com/2019/12/brexite-campaign-decision-at-derby.html

Techno

Westmarcher

Good report, Steve!  :-bd

... only thing to point out though is that it would have been Louis XV who would have been 'chagrinned' in 1745-46 (Louis XIV died in 1714) ... tut, tut .... :P
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

@ Westmarcher, I thought it might be wrong but forgot to check as I was typing :-[. Mea culpa!

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd

Aren't the Hanoverians newly painted and they won :o :o
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Steve J

Yes Paul, some of the units are newly painted. In fact the cavalry that won the game had their debut, which wasn't too bad really :).

Dave Fielder

Yes, quite. Those newly painted Superior cavalry turned the tide of the war. Just wait until they had mud on their boots then it'll be a different fight. If only I had lancers to match them, then Ponsonby's family will be having an earlier inheritance.
Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis

Chris Pringle

Nice one, boys. Your campaign has been a lot of fun to watch. Looking forward to your 2020 campaigning season.

Chris

Steve J

Thanks Chris and I'm sure Ponsonby's descendants will make an appearance in future games :D.