Plastic card

Started by FierceKitty, 12 December 2019, 10:23:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceKitty

Can one easily buy the kind of material used in making credit cards? These tiny 1:3000 ships won't be happy set into my usual layer of epoxy, since it'll probably submerge the lower gun decks.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Techno

You certainly can over here, Alexander.

All sorts of thicknesses (is that a word?....it doesn't look right.).....and in all sorts of colours.....(Or you used to be able to.)

Cheers - Phil  :)

FierceKitty

Yes, Lee seems to have found a supplier for me. I'll try tomorrow evening. Thanks.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

I get mine from Rennes in Bold St or the Chester Model Centre. My 1/3000th stuff - WWI to Modern is on art board. Looks fine.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

FierceKitty

ty. It seems I can get some at that little model kiosk near Victory Monument (the one that opens only in the evening).

John Cook

Quote from: FierceKitty on 12 December 2019, 10:23:39 AM
Can one easily buy the kind of material used in making credit cards? These tiny 1:3000 ships won't be happy set into my usual layer of epoxy, since it'll probably submerge the lower gun decks.

Hi, Yes you can.  I get mine (in UK) from Station Road Baseboards at https://www.stationroadbaseboards.co.uk/

I have found that their service is exemplary.  It starts at 0.25mm sheets in two different sizes.  I use their 0.5mm sheet of plasticard for everything from 1:6000 ships to 10mm figures.  I find anything thicker than 0.5mm is too 'heavy', even for 10mm, but that's a matter of taste.

FierceKitty

Well, sturdy and unobtrusive is the ideal. I'll post results.