Started by FierceKitty, 10 December 2019, 08:21:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

I REALLY REALLY HATE CHRISTMAS.....
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

FierceKitty

Uh oh...I find myself sharing Ian's sentiments....
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

toxicpixie

Love "Men without hats" and the Safety Dance... it's safe to dance, it's safe to dance, it's the safety dance!

*wanders off humming*

DANCES!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Techno

d_Guy

As a public service I offer the worst ear worm ever. I recommend not listening:
Sleep with clean hands ...

fsn

Right ... I shall show my workings for this one.

There is an election on.

The Leader of Plaid Cymru is Adam Price,

Adam Price sounds like Alan Price

Alan Price was a singer in the 1960s

He sang with the Animals, and had a successful partnership with Georgie Fame.

In 1967 Alan Price reached #4 with "Simon Smith and his Amazing Dancing Bear".

The Muppets covered it in 1975- with Scooter singing and Fozzie as ... the bear.

So now ... because of this chain of thoughts ... whenever I hear a Welsh accent, I immediately start doing an impression of Kermit the Frog ... M'Lud.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Heedless Horseman

FSN...the Jury is out...gone to the Pub...and probably won't be back till Easter!  ;D

As to The Safety Dance...THAT DAMN THING WORMS! I was just being drunken silly...but now I like it a lot...almost as much as:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNmnbOmWpgA   LOL!

In fact, I posted it on Facebook as my helpful contribution to voting. (No-one 'Liked' it  :( :( :( ).

Can't figure out why the last seconds of vid were of missiles? Back then We Knew we were likely to fry...and didn't give a s*** but suppose bands 'Had ' to make a statement.   =)    However, I didn't even get a 'like' from B****y Corbyn! Wonder Why?  ;D ;D ;D
(40 Yrs ago. I should have been an Angry Young Man... but wasn't.
Now... I am an Old B******! )  ;)

Ithoriel

Thanks to Techno's post on another thread my earworm is currently

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Sandinista

Heedless Horseman

Sandanista: If THAT's a mindworm...WOW!. :o I sort of remember that one...tho from a few years later. Good Luck with your 'sing along to the Lyrics'!  :P :P :P :P :P :'( :'(;D :d
(40 Yrs ago. I should have been an Angry Young Man... but wasn't.
Now... I am an Old B******! )  ;)

Sandinista

Quote from: Heedless Horseman on 14 December 2019, 02:56:35 AM
Sandanista: If THAT's a mindworm...WOW!. :o I sort of remember that one...tho from a few years later. Good Luck with your 'sing along to the Lyrics'!  :P :P :P :P :P :'( :'(;D :d

It's his opening lyrical blast that is stuck in there. I commute 56km to work on a motorbike, there's a lot of strange things populating my mind each morning :-)

Cheers
Ian

Techno

I prefer the 'studio' version.  ;)

Had me diving into the CD collection to check on the titles of a couple more of their tunes.....

"Sylvia" and "House of the King"........Really like those ! :)

Cheers - Phil

Ithoriel

Good news - no longer have "Senorita" running through my head.

Bad news ... I have this instead!

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Nirnman

Sandinista thanks for that "it's a small world after all" truly an earworm as I haven't been able to get it out of my head. another disny tune a bit like "follow me boys " which nearly became the song for the Boy Scouts of America another ear worm

toxicpixie

I like that Rag n'Bone Man track. Very punchy. Was about to say "I'm sure I've heard it before" then checked and found out it's a year old and therefore will have floated through my subconscious many times :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting